Custom Trees Crash the CS

Megatarius

I have created a test tree in Speed Tree CAD, and new textures in GIMP.

But when I try to place this tree in the Render Window, the CS crashes. Does anyone know of a tutorial, or a common error that would occur?

Thanks.

One possibility is that you have a missing mesh. Have you set your tree up right in the CS before you try to drop it into the render window?

Is your tree properly textured and does it render right in Nifskope? Missing textures seem to increase instability.

Does your tree have an excessive polycount? Does your computer have plenty of memory?

Does your tree have animations? Is it missing bones? Does it give you error messages in Nifskope and the CS. (Actually you probably are not far along enough to have the CS give you error messages because it crashes first.)

A fun experiment might be to not place your tree in the render window, but instead, use the search and replace function to replace an existing reference with your tree. You would see if the CS crashed it that situation too.

Thanks David.

The mesh is accounted for in Speed Tree, but everything else, I don't know. I'll have to play around with the stuff you mentioned.

What are the seeds in each tree's CS entry? The wiki says they are generated in Speed Tree.