Todd Howard Interview

John88

Thanks for the article!

But, what the eff do the two songs have to do with Skyrim, or even the Elder Scrolls etc? Pretty though!

Edit: Wait a minute, I figured it out. It's an "Elder Scrolls story"? I'm not totally clear on that, I'm googling around trying to figure out what it is. Made by Russians apparently.

As I understand it, Andoran is another non-English full conversion mod for Oblivion, much like the German-developed Nehrim. It's slated to release around the same time as Skyrim, though, so...it better be made of chocolate rainbows and naked women to pull me away from Skyrim.

Link to epic trailer!

Thanks for the article!

But, what the eff do the two songs have to do with Skyrim, or even the Elder Scrolls etc? Pretty though!

Edit: Wait a minute, I figured it out. It's an "Elder Scrolls story"? I'm not totally clear on that, I'm googling around trying to figure out what it is. Made by Russians apparently.

As I understand it, Andoran is another non-English full conversion mod for Oblivion, much like the German-developed Nehrim. It's slated to release around the same time as Skyrim, though, so...it better be made of chocolate rainbows and naked women to pull me away from Skyrim.

Link to epic trailer!

It looks tremendously awesome, however, competing with Skyrim's release is a fatal flaw. Too bad...

Wow... hate to knock Bethesda but some of these amateur teams seem to be better at making games on their engine than they are.

It was 6 years ago, well and the disc limit is to blame. But at least they are improving, and by a lot I might say.

plus these arnt designed to run on the 360 .. using the graphics extender and other addons to improve visuals .. and they didn't build the engine .. it was handed to them .. beth had to build everything .. and the art assets .. most of these are re used bethesda models.. thats really not a fair statement.

plus these arnt designed to run on the 360 .. using the graphics extender and other addons to improve visuals .. and they didn't build the engine .. it was handed to them .. beth had to build everything .. and the art assets .. most of these are re used bethesda models.. thats really not a fair statement.

I will agree with the first part of your statement. That damn console fetter is annoying. But the strength of TES is the building of their game world and it's concept. The weak part seems to be the art department. Compare that footage with the original Oblivion footage, the composition, angles, characters, they all look more interesting. Graphics aside, if both trailers had come out at the same time I would have been more excited for the Rus one. Bethesda had a competent art department. Competent, not amazing... but that seems to be improving with Skyrim.