Resurrect Dead NPCs as Vampires

tnu

I've been working on a very complex story driven charecter who over time becomes a vampire. It involves creating a whole faction of vampires risen from the Dark Brotherhood Contracts. Is there anything out there that would le tme resurrect an NPC tha I've killed as a vampire? If not is there a decent way to do this in game using console or mods that arn't necessarily designed to do this?

Instead of directly raising the dead, I recommend you create entirely new Forms.

By that, I simply mean that as far as the game is concerned the dead guy and the vampire are not the same person, but you can make them identical so that no-one else will notice.

Simplest way to do this would be to click "edit" on whomever you want to duplicate and change the EditorID. Make whatever other changes you need then click "yes" to the popup.

The reason I recommend new forms is because:

1) Reduces conflict with any mod that also changes DB people.

2) Less AI, you can make brand new scripts for them instead of altering old ones.

3) I'm not sure, but there is a chance the body might be gone permanently if you leave it. This means that anyone who has already completed the DB Questline will not be able to play your mod.

New forms fixes all of this. But, for future reference, this function will raise the dead...

(Reference.)Resurrect, Animate flag

The animate flag controls whether the target disappears and reappears alive (0), or whether he has to physically get up (1). So, here's an example:

J'ghastaREF.Resurrect 1

Although if you are using it as a console code you just have to click on the dead guy and type

Resurrect

Edited by WarRatsG