Texturing(?) Question

Question Mark in the title is there because I'm not really sure if it is or not, but I know that the effects ultimately affect how the texture acts.

Basically, I ported a weapon over from a Source model to OBJ, and then to NIF using 3DSMax09 with the second method (dealing with NiTriShapes) mentioned here: http://geck.bethsoft...ram_to_the_GECK

The model appears just fine in game, and I successfully applied the textures, but there is no change in how the light reflects off the weapon - I'm not sure what the technical term is or what governs this since I'm new to modding, but I mean normally if you were standing under the sun and turned, the light would play across the metal of the weapon - in mine, there is no change in the light levels whatsoever. The texture appears the same colour and doesn't reflect light at all. Is this a problem with the textures, or the meshes that I used? How would I go about fixing this?

Effect texture wasn't applied. Open GECK and check for example 1st person texture set for 10mm pistol - it consists of a main texture, normal map, _m texture for scratches (or maybe lightmap) and a shiny bright effect texture. I believe that the lack of the last one in your texture set causes this.

Effect texture wasn't applied. Open GECK and check for example 1st person texture set for 10mm pistol - it consists of a main texture, normal map, _m texture for scratches (or maybe lightmap) and a shiny bright effect texture. I believe that the lack of the last one in your texture set causes this.

OK, I will do this - however, the mesh in nifskope definitely has diffuse, normal and shinybright effect texture set. Would this still then be the case?

It may work differently for 1st/3rd person models and for world models. And if you attributed textures in nifskope just make sure that they are extracted from .bsa and placed accordingly.

Other than that I do not know what could be the cause. I'm no modeller/texturer.

Edited by n0t0ryczny