Dying Armor....Cmon. you know you want to.

TroloWiseEared

52 members have voted

1. 1. What color scheme embodoes your hero?

• Black
    • Yellow
    • Crimson
    • Forest Green
    • Nightsky Blue
    • Emperor Zurg Purple

I only like these sort of options when they're presented in a subtle sort of way. I don't like it when a game (cough... Fable... cough) tries to fill you up with this "woo woo, I'm in purple now... woo woo!!!!" crap. I'm supposed to be saving the world, not fulfilling a metrosexual mall-trip fantasy. It actually hurts the quality of immersion. Edited by Jermungand

there are ploblems with this .. technical standpoint it would require another texture map for each armor piece .. a masking map to define areas where the coloring would and wouldn't effect .. and a few extra lines in the shader script to use the map as well as color it .. maybe if it only worked for the player character this wouldn't be to much of a concern .. and even then it would be extra work for the artists .. I'm not saying this wouldn't be great .. but its not an easy thing to add

This. Implementing dying would require all this and then? Anything added by DLC or other mods will have to be converted to allow for dying.

As for me, I loved the universal dye kit in Dragon Age and I'd like to see the feature in Skyrim, but I certainly wouldn't want to be the one to do all that work.

I think being able to change the colour of pieces of clothing/armour would be a great idea, perhaps having to go out and find the ingredients to make your own dyes or just buy them from a merchant, just dont make them as expensive as they are in Guild Wars.

Metal is metal, leather is leather.

Green (glass) or orange (ambar) armors were almost painful physically.

Dye armors? No thanks. It's not that I'm against it, but before worry about the color of the armors I think would be better to create a system where you can upgrade your favorite armor to make it stronger since lot of times the first or second armor you get is your favorite but you end dropping it for another one stronger. Oh...wait!

Well a lot of mercenaries would actually paint there armor to increase the fear factor to there enemy's for an example shield always had some sort of emblem or beast just as the galic and Pictish jungle tropes would paint there whole body to incite a mind trick on there foes

That would be neat be able to paint your armor like when I was in the SCA I had a bear claw mark going across my helm

but before worry about the color of the armors I think would be better to create a system where you can upgrade your favorite armor to make it stronger since lot of times the first or second armor you get is your favorite but you end dropping it for another one stronger. Oh...wait!

Uh... the new smithing system does allow for that. Upgrade a piece of equipment up to 6x and on top of that you get perk bonuses for crafting specific types of equipment with specific styles or materials.

As for colors... Keep it where it fits, and make it cost money.

Glass- can be stained. Leather- can be treated. Cloth- can be dyed. Metal- can be painted.

Should my blade be a different color? No. The cloth around the hilt? Sure.

I know I always wished that glass armor could be black or red.

And since I play on the box circle, mods arent an option yet, and most likely wont be for a while.

but before worry about the color of the armors I think would be better to create a system where you can upgrade your favorite armor to make it stronger since lot of times the first or second armor you get is your favorite but you end dropping it for another one stronger. Oh...wait!

Uh... the new smithing system does allow for that. Upgrade a piece of equipment up to 6x and on top of that you get perk bonuses for crafting specific types of equipment with specific styles or materials.

That's why the "Oh...wait!" is there. My fault, I always forgive sarcasm doesn't works well through internet