TroloWiseEared

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which Feature do you think will have the most potential if implemented

• Spell Deadlocks?
    • 2 Handed Deadlocks?
    • Hand to Hand Deadlocks?
    • Nonlethal K.O.s?
    • You don think the idea is applicable.

Some of you guys are being a bit harsh, don't you think? Considering that this is a good idea coming from a fellow player. It could be implemented with some tweaks, albeit perhaps not as a quick-time event to feel seamless.

Some of you guys are being a bit harsh, don't you think? Considering that this is a good idea coming from a fellow player. It could be implemented with some tweaks, albeit perhaps not as a quick-time event to feel seamless.

I wasn't intending to be harsh, sorry OP, I was just trying to explain why I don't think it would fit with a TES game.

It was a good idea as well as fire spells winning against ice etc, but it would be very arduous to implement it and play the game like that. Pausing fights can be done well (VATS in Fallout) but that is player controlled whereas this would have to be thrust upon the player as it requires a counter attack from your enemy. Maybe that would be the best way to implement it, a player controled counter button which then brings you into and interactive deadlock with several avenues of attack/retreat from there? Opposed to being pulled into it by your attacker.

i wonder if we can be attacked during finisher animations?

and i undestand, it would make a terrible addition to bring in quicktime events.

so, the magick idea=good?

the melee idea bad.

what about the h2h nonlethal k.o.s?

The whole thing you suggested could work but it probably wouldn't be enjoyable or fit with the game if it essentially pauses the world. It would be good to see non-lethal combat options, that would add a lot for roleplayers who either want to capture bandits or 'spare' them for honor.

What I would really like to see with regards to magic is for spells to react against each other as you suggested. Not only for an advantage over other spells but say you fire a frost bolt-opponent does to- they collide and explode or something.

i wonder if we can be attacked during finisher animations?

and i undestand, it would make a terrible addition to bring in quicktime events.

so, the magick idea=good?

the melee idea bad.

what about the h2h nonlethal k.o.s?

The whole thing you suggested could work but it probably wouldn't be enjoyable or fit with the game if it essentially pauses the world. It would be good to see non-lethal combat options, that would add a lot for roleplayers who either want to capture bandits or 'spare' them for honor.

What I would really like to see with regards to magic is for spells to react against each other as you suggested. Not only for an advantage over other spells but say you fire a frost bolt-opponent does to- they collide and explode or something.

Maybe, if you knock someone down and then do a power attack while they're down that'll knock them out. It could use the effect that happened in Oblivion, where essential characters couldn't die.

You might have to make the period of knockout longer though; maybe 3 real-life minutes. Or maybe the knock-out time could be determined by how high your Hand-to-Hand skill is?

-Attacks with the hilt

-Maces

-H2H

-Illusion

-Restoration

SHOULD ALL have some form of non-lethal application.

The trick is....figuring out how we should toggle it....

The simplest way to do it would be that less-lethal strikes deal a knockout once the opponents health is below a certain point. Much like the old Pokemon games with catching them. That will probably be the way the kill moves are implemented with Skyrim.

In terms of the deadlocks. Rather than build-ups I think it ought to be negation.

Fireball + Fireball= explosion in the middle

Flamethrower + Flamethrower = wall of flame in between

Runes are unaffected

Arrow vs fireball = explosion in the middle

Shield vs flamethrower (with proper perk)= wall of flame on your shield

Sword vs sword- they glance off eachother... whichever does more damage does the difference to their opponent.

Sword (well timed) vs arrow = difference in damage or negation.

Sword vs shield = difference between protection and damage or negation of the attack

Shield bash vs shield bash= difference or negation.