Conjured weapons!

Guest deleted829424

It was confirmed in a gameplay video that Conjuration spells like bound weapons have set durations; they aren't sustained like Detect Life or Healing.

EDIT: Besides, how would you swing your weapon if you're holding the button down to maintain the spell?

Really? Which one? Don't think I've seen that gameplay vid.

As for your edit, you wouldn't have to hold any buttons in at all; swinging the weapon would drain magicka. When you run out the weapon is dispelled. That was my line of reasoning anyway.

Not sure if it's in the official videos, but the QuakeCon leak clearly shows a Bound Battleaxe spell: Apprentice, costs 53 Magicka. The description reads, "Creates a magic battle axe for 300 seconds. Sheathe it to dispel.

At least we get longer durations!

100 seconds max, if i remember correctly...

I used a mod to set it at 300 max.

bound armor was still annoying in morrowind also,... im sure you used either a heavily modded game or a cheated spell for your 10 minute bound all....

No. I just didn't summon gloves with it (so I could keep using Sunder). I didn't use any mods or cheats. It may have only lasted 5 minutes, but I'm pretty sure I had armor for 10 minutes. I also could summon a bow (highest damage bow in the game was conjuration bow) for like 15 minutes? It has been a while though...

In oblivion, yea, every bound equipment was useless almost,.. and lasted almost no time at all unless you made a rather expensive mana cost spell.(some of the default weapon bounds durations didnt even let you get off two attacks... wtf?!)

not to mention in both games bound equips looked bad, imo

I thought it looked pretty awesome in Morrowind. In Oblivion it was cool that enemies could summon a full suit of armor and a weapon, but you were never really able to do the same... Conjuration was purely for pets in Oblivion.

Skyrim looks like it has good bound weapons at least... and if it's underpowered, we can just mod that(shouldn't be with those bound weapon perks)

True, but I'd rather the summoned stuff just be good as opposed to requiring me to modify the game some how... Conjuration was so heavily neglected in Oblivion that I'm pretty sure the developers put some effort into it this time around. Especially with how much time they've spent focusing on other areas much like Conjuration that were lacking from Oblivion.

No. I just didn't summon gloves with it (so I could keep using Sunder). I didn't use any mods or cheats. It may have only lasted 5 minutes, but I'm pretty sure I had armor for 10 minutes. I also could summon a bow (highest damage bow in the game was conjuration bow) for like 15 minutes? It has been a while though...

actually that was for the damage slider, my bad..

i forget the actual duration limit, but a quick google search showed 120 seconds... 2 minutes tops. If thats even correct... I can't remember for sure.

I wonder.....If you can GIVE summoned weapons to companions.

briefly of course..but still..... :huh:

I imagine that wouldn't work because you called the weapon so it would theoretically only answer to you.

I guess judging by the screen shot of the conjured bow in Skyrim suggests that. Giving someone conjured weapons reminds be of Leprechaun gold, but conjured coins. :thumbsup: