My theory on the possibility of Werewolves

malevolentraven

I personally believe that if Werewolves were absolutely in no way in the game that as a PR decision they would almost HAVE to tell people they aren't there. This is because the amount of hype surrounding werewolves is enormous and if it turned out they were not in the game people would be furious. BUT, putting werewolves in the game as a later DLC, a sort of second bloodmoon if you will... that would be a huge money maker for them. It sounds low and I personally like to think the Bethesda would be above these slim ball tactics, but in the end they are a company. A company that knows all to well that what the fans (mostly) want to see, is the return of werewolves. Now they could just be hush hush on the subject because they want it to be a pleasant surprise, but I do believe that their silence could be a likely indication that, AT SOME POINT, we could see werewolves, I just am personally not getting my hopes to high for them being in the vanilla, all though I believe if there is in fact no plans to have ww's that it would be a horrible PR move to not just nip it in the bud the first time it was asked.

I encourage you all to expound upon what I have said, and let me know if you also feel that their silence could be an indication of them being somewhere, be it DLC or vanilla.

maybe for people not keeping up .. Ive been keeping track of skyrim info since it was announced and there is no reason to think they are in the game besides fan hope .. I would love it but if you are dissapointed when you find out they arnt in then its your own fault .. but hey .. who knows .. they could be

anyone who is "furious" when they find out there are none should be ashamed of themselves.

I personally am not a person who cares one way or the other. I really don't, there is plenty of other good stuff in the game to occupy me. And I completely agree that the only fuel supporting this fire is fan hope, but I just feel that fan hope can get a little out of hand when it doesn't get full filled. I think it would be a good PR move to deny it if it isn't there. Saying we're not gonna talk about it just fuels the people with that hope. Like i said, I don't care if they are there or not, would I enjoy it if they were? Absolutely. Would i gripe and moan if they aren't? Absolutely not, but many people would, and I just think it would be a good thing to extinguish the fires if they burn for no reason.

maybe for people not keeping up .. Ive been keeping track of skyrim info since it was announced and there is no reason to think they are in the game besides fan hope .. I would love it but if you are dissapointed when you find out they arnt in then its your own fault .. but hey .. who knows .. they could be

anyone who is "furious" when they find out there are none should be ashamed of themselves.

Why is Bethesda willing to tell us, "No, so-and-so won't be in Skyrim", (like certain weapon types) but when they've been asked about werewolves they choose to say "No comment"? That would seem reason enough to hope for something. I mean, it sure isn't a denial.

Edited by stars2heaven

Why is Bethesda willing to tell us, "No, so-and-so won't be in Skyrim", (like certain weapon types) but when they've been asked about werewolves they choose to say "No comment"? That would seem reason enough to hope for something. I mean, it sure isn't a denial.

That was my entire point :thumbsup:

I think they probably will have werewolves. If they weren't going to have them included in the game they would have likely said so by now. And like what was said...When asked about it the only answer we got was "No comment." Perhaps they were going to put them in the game, but at that point they did not have them implemented, or maybe while you run around in the land of Skyrim you get attacked and discover..Lycanthropy!

Anyways I would be very sad to find out there were no werewolves and probably frustrated, but I can't exactly be furious seeing on how nothing was said about them anyways. I think they may be a big surprise and if not, Bethesda will probably implement them in a DLC, seeing as werewolves seem to be in such high demand.

But we either have to wait until someone says something or when the game comes out and we play it.

Ive read a Bethesda employee (Winstin Swearingen) said there is Werewolves in the game and when there in there human form they have white/yellowish eyes and mostly wear fur armor.. And they snarl and growl when there attacking in there human form

But there is no confirmation on TURNING into a werewolf yet.. That might be a DLC..

And Todd even said the exact words of

"We’ve done various things like that in our previous games, and it’s something that we probably won’t be talking about specifically on this one. Don’t read anything into that, we just prefer to not discuss this one. We’d like to leave that an open question until the game is out."

So I really think you can become a werewolf in the game.

@tomuchforya ... ok.. first off thats total bull .. thats a rumor and nothing more .. just so no one else gets excited for that .. and second part .. you edited out what he was responding to .. VAMPIRES and werewolfs .. vampires are in and confirmed .. your own fault when you find out they are not in and your disapointed... not bethesda

I should point out that I totally think they are in myself .. But if they aren't then there is no reason to blame bethesda .. they could have tried to put them in at the last moment but failed .. that would explain why they have been quiet on it... even if its more likely they are in and they just don't want to spoil it.

Edited by jedimembrain