Skyrim Houses

joplay2999

thanks for the comments guys ive updated the post with a farm which i will likely made as ive been getting a lot of requests however im not sure where this will be.

@littlerok that sounds like a kay idea but ill have to wait until ive played through the game to see how harsh the worship is banned and if at somepoint it is allowed again, and secondly from what ive seen the chaples are rather strange looking.

@Psientist cool idea. Best of look questing is a part i have yet to learn my mods have never involved quests more note based but who knows i may learn in skyrim how to make them ;3

This sounds like an AMAZING idea! I do have some ideas though, apart from the cave house, perhaps you could make a log cabin in the middle of a snowy Taiga or Tundra? The way of obtaining the Log Cabin is to adventure on and find a warrior's frozen corpse, stuck in snow, with only his head sticking out. You can loot it for a key to the log cabin and when you go back to the log cabin, it becomes haunted so that every night you hear creepy sounds and noises and shadows at night when you sleep and such. I also like the idea of having the Riverside house look like Serenity farm from Fable 2. This mod has lots of potential and I can't wait! :D

I'm going to be using the underground home I made for myself in Oblivion. I had a place for everything in it, and I intend to do that again, only this time I don't think I'll be just giving it to myself, Skyrim deserves more then that. I have to come up with some way of earning the house, and with Dragons, that will be my goal. Though if I can't make my lofty goal come true, I'll either have to outsource it to someone who likes my ideas and has the skill to make it, or dumb it down just so I don't pull out my hair from frustration.

Design:

Entrance somewhere in the high mountains, I really like the exterior look of Bleak Falls Barrow, so something like that. When first entering the home, it will be a long tunnel, dimly lit with a campfire and some bandits who have taken up residence in this area of the cave, after killing them you proceed down the tunnel and come to a pair of large double doors which open up into a high ceiling cave gallery, this is where you need to be prepared to fight, two dragons, of fire and ice swoop down from the ceiling or are on the floor, you must do battle with them both, or if possible, talk them into letting you set up your camp behind their lair. If it's possible to talk to dragons, then I would suggest taking that route to have built in protection from the bandits out front and any future disturbances that might come up. If you do battle with them, there will be a way to have a friendly dragon take their place as guardian. This could perhaps tie into the game even more by saying this is the dragon you can summon with the shout. After the dragon lair is another tunnel which when upgraded provides adequate lighting.

There will be several levels of this home, weapon rooms, armor rooms, a library, a lab, and kitchen, a forge, mage chambers, a bedroom, a feeding room for vampires and werewolves, a few other rooms I haven't decided on yet, and finally a vault. Each of these rooms will have to be purchased from various locations around the world, just to balance out the fact you've got a dragon guarding your house.

After each purchase, a room or group of rooms will be opened up. I'd like there to be different styles for each room, you could make it look like the architecture of a single city/town, so there would have to be 9 different styles of each room. Or pick the best looking one and go with that, that's to be decided.

Each specific room will have a function,

Weapon and Armor Rooms: Features stands that will display the weapons and armor for that stand, from the lowest quality to the highest quality. these will likely have to be outsourced to someone who can model and texture One stand per weapon type (Steel, Glass, Daedric, Dragon, etc. I'd like them to sit lengthwise as if they were hanging on a wall), and one stand per armor (Same as weapon stands, only in a mannequin format)

Library: Bookcases, like the ones made for Oblivion they should look full even if there is nothing inside, scroll boxes, lecterns, desks. Everything should look like it has something on it that can't move.

The Lab, Kitchen, Mage Chambers, and Forge: All will contain the proper apparatus for crafting items that they go with, all will have storage for ingredients and components.

Werewolf and Vampire specific rooms: They will both have NPCs in them for feeding. The Werewolf room will feature live prey that will have to be killed, they will respawn. The Vampire room will feature NPCs in a permenant state of sleep like Deepscorn Hollow for easy feeding.

The Bedroom: Will start off as a simple room, low class bed, dresser, and some lights. Will be upgradeable until it rivals a Kings bedchamber.

The Vault: Will feature containers for the sorting of rare and unique items, collectibles, etc. Will feature 6 guardians, 2 outside the door, and 4 inside. These guardians will be hirable NPCs that will have to be found. Will also feature a system where if you don't want to pay mortal people, you have a few other guardian choices. If you are a mage, you can summon either Atronachs or Dremora to guard the room, or a mix of both. Warriors and Thieves will have this option as well by hiring a mage to do it for them.

Other rooms: TBD

This is really ambitious, so if anyone wants to help, I'd be glad for it. Without help this may take weeks, if not months before it would be ready as I have never done something this big in any Bethesda game. I also can't model or texture, and scripting is very difficult for me to understand so some features will have to be done by others. I've quite likely bitten off more then I can chew, but it's go big or go home with me.

i Really like your idea for the riverwood house, its a prefect idea and i have nothing to add to it.

Another suggestion for a house would be the Fort... whatshisname near the watchtower where you fight your first dragon (near Whiterun), there are quite a few bandits there. My idea is, after you are named Thane of Whiterun the Jarl would give you a quest saying "clear it and its yours" , the fort would then have a personal guard , and the inside of the fort could upgraded just like breezehome but with much higher prices.

its just a idea migth be a bit hard to do , but when i was named thane and given a crappy weapon i thouth "what ?! thats it?! i kill a Mf'ing dragon , reveal myself to be the dragonborn and all i get is a crappy weapon and a nearly useless title?! next time ill let the dragon eat you all!"

Maybe you could combine the Riverview house or farm with the cave hideout. You could hide the entrance in the house and let users discover it completely by accident, and there will be a background story on how the previous, seemly normal, owner had a dark secret.

This way, players can choose to ignore the cave if that they wish to, but at the same time provide a interesting addition to the game.

It would be cool if u met the owner in a misc quest and he is desperate to move away, and he asks you if u wanna buy it or u can do some small quest for him to get it. And it would be cool with some kinda farming mod :P so u get more thing u can do in ur house not only store stuff or cook or do alchemy.

• 3 months later...
Me and my friend want to know if this is a good idea cause we are gonna post it up as a house mod/quest. When you ask about rumors at taverns they will tell you of a old man who was killed by a priest the priest tells you that he was your grandfather and he was looking for your families legendary sword you search his corpse to find a note saying that your families farm is where the sword is located and you find your parents who give you the key and sword they tell you they are leaving for vacation but to get the key and sword you have to kill the priests attacking your house :turned:

Wow digging up the dead thread fun here.

Umm Taistar84, try to use periods and commas and other such punctuation rather than one long ass sentence. Not saying do it correctly as I am no spelling Nazi, but read what you wrote out loud and make a note of when you pause for breath.

Anyway... I think drop the "parents" and make them cousins or ancient ancestors. parents will ruin immersion if someone is in RP mode and they have a backstory built for the character. Never use parents for the main character story in quests is a good rule of thumb. Surprise brother or sister is good, aunts, uncles, cousins etc. etc.... Actually drop the whole family relation and make grandfather to friend of grandfather intrusted with the sword and he hid it on his families farm the people that live on the farm are his offspring and they are moving to Cyrodiil or something and you can gain ownership by defending the home.