Ironhide Clan Armory (mod WIP)

lazureus

You may have info that I haven't seen yet but is 500 a good count for weapons? I'd really caution against doing too much work until we know better what the suggested poly counts are. You could end up doing a lot of work only having to scrap it.

As for the style, it looks good but Skyrim seems to have moved heavily away from Oblivion's less realistic textures and color pallets. The wood in the handles and such looks a bit too vibrant. I'd tweak the saturation a bit.

Good work though, looking forward to what you have in store.

You may have info that I haven't seen yet but is 500 a good count for weapons? I'd really caution against doing too much work until we know better what the suggested poly counts are. You could end up doing a lot of work only having to scrap it.

As for the style, it looks good but Skyrim seems to have moved heavily away from Oblivion's less realistic textures and color pallets. The wood in the handles and such looks a bit too vibrant. I'd tweak the saturation a bit.

Good work though, looking forward to what you have in store.

The weapons I have so far are ranged from 500 to 1500 Polygons, This was an educated guess from studying the currently released screenshots and videos.

The wood is hand painted, so I can easily change the tone of the handles.

As for the blades themselves, they are the same tones I took from references of actual forged and smithed metals the same type.

Even if I do go overboard and have to scrap some things, everything I'm making here will still go into my working portfolio, so in retrospect, there is no loss of work.

Now onto the Silver weapons, It has been suggested that I use a very dark wood for the handles to up contrast with the bright silver metal. I kinda like the idea, what do you think?