New article about ES:6!!!

ModHoward

meh .. the post wasn't funny at all .. two lines it it was clearly a joke .. but when you make a good joke you should always use the truth at hand .. making up flat out ill informed lies in the name of humor is just dane cook material .. the OP has bad taste in humor .. he could have joked about how todd responds to werewolves .. or some of the real dumbing down that has taken place.. maybe even poked fun at some of the fans who want spears and ridable dragons but refuse to play without them "they are everywhere" o_O .. all of that would have been funny if put together in this form .. but instead he just posts really outlandish things with no grounding in reality .. idk .. I'm not "butthurt" as the kids say but I'm not laughing at this either... meh .. just a bad trollish taste of humor.. he might as well have made a mlp post with friday playing in the background... internet has ruined a whole generation's sense of humor.

Jedi,

This is part three of a two-part article. There's more coming. God help you all.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still found it funny. I really believe the changes to skills and such make the game far more complex than people are going on about and Skyrim will likely be an awesome game but I do miss attributes. Perks are awesome and I am glad they are there but I liked number crunching and planning my guy out on paper. Since my first RPG experience with Daggerfall and Dungeons and Dragons I have fallen in love with the idea of weighing the pros and cons of stats on gear and skill bonuses. The only bad thing I have to say about Bethesda is they really are shoving the ACTION! ACTION! ACTION! thing down peoples throats and while I can dig that Elder Scrolls is a role playing game not a first person shooter. Not trolling gonna play Skyrim and enjoy the hell out of it but I am gonna find myself modding back into the game things that should be there by default such as classes and attributes.

The only bad thing I have to say about Bethesda is they really are shoving the ACTION! ACTION! ACTION! thing down peoples throats and while I can dig that Elder Scrolls is a role playing game not a first person shooter.

Obviously I don't have the game in hand so I cannot guarantee what I'm about to say, but based upon what information has been released, Skyrim contains more "non-ACTION!" content then any of the previous TES games. Cooking, Farming, Woodcutting, Hunting (in a more practical sense) are all vastly expanded upon. I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to put quite a few quests that don't require much combat (they have existed in every game so far).

I think you're a bit confused simply because this game isn't out yet. All the content you "see" in previews generally consist of someone fighting things. It is the same reason you see mostly battle scenes in the Lord of the Rings trailers.

In fact, the ability for you to "Role-Play" should be increased in every way. The entire way you build your character, your reputation, etc... is purely based on your actions now as opposed to pre-determined decisions you make once when you generate your toon. I don't see how that is anything except "MORE" roleplaying. But maybe I'm confused? I'm pretty sure the term roleplaying has nothing to do with putting +5 in Agility...

The only bad thing I have to say about Bethesda is they really are shoving the ACTION! ACTION! ACTION! thing down peoples throats and while I can dig that Elder Scrolls is a role playing game not a first person shooter.

Obviously I don't have the game in hand so I cannot guarantee what I'm about to say, but based upon what information has been released, Skyrim contains more "non-ACTION!" content then any of the previous TES games. Cooking, Farming, Woodcutting, Hunting (in a more practical sense) are all vastly expanded upon. I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to put quite a few quests that don't require much combat (they have existed in every game so far).

I think you're a bit confused simply because this game isn't out yet. All the content you "see" in previews generally consist of someone fighting things. It is the same reason you see mostly battle scenes in the Lord of the Rings trailers.

In fact, the ability for you to "Role-Play" should be increased in every way. The entire way you build your character, your reputation, etc... is purely based on your actions now as opposed to pre-determined decisions you make once when you generate your toon. I don't see how that is anything except "MORE" roleplaying. But maybe I'm confused? I'm pretty sure the term roleplaying has nothing to do with putting +5 in Agility...

Well said! :thumbsup: kudos coming your way!

Well I do have a sense of humor and I thought it was genius to me it sounded like you were poking fun at all the crybabies sing the same damn song they dumbed it down I for one don't care if they dumbed it down

Why do people make video games and I'm talking the number 1 reason the mother of all reasons. That my fellow nerds geeks and freaks is cold hard cash so yeah dumb it down for the masses we all know we are like crack heads we are all still gonna buy and play it so stop complaining if u want a game that has every one of your minuet demands in it make it your self jeez

All these people with there feelings gettin hurt oh I don't like what u said that offends me I just have one thing to say get over it so freaking annoying if this forum wasn't such a great place for info and mods I would never come here this is why I hate people

I like people's ideas the more the better but all the crying is pointless just like me crying about people crying I admit it's pointless lol so what ever I'm over it I just want to play the dang game!

I think this is funny and win. Too bad Bethesda has no sense of humor, and can't take criticism. did they say why you were banned, etc? I swear, they get more uptight with every new TES game.

I think the only things missing might be:

TH: We found that large game worlds only served to confuse our players even more. Also, we really wanted to pander to the graphics fans more than ever, so we reduced the play area to a 10 city block radius while making the graphics wholly photorealistic!

Also, we removed quests except for the most basic of "Bring me ten bear butts". We're trying to bring in more of the MMO players.

And Hector 530, your not finding the humor in it =/= OP is a troll.

Edited by nyxalinth

I love how so many of you get offended by this like he just insulted your mother. People you meet on the interwebs may have different opinions than you. Shocking, I know, but you should accept it.

The "article" was hilarious. I loved Morrowind and Oblivion and I'm sure I'll love Skyrim too but they all had their flaws. If anything Bethesda probably closed topic to avoid in incoming flamefest from insulted fans.

I love how so many of you get offended by this like he just insulted your mother. People you meet on the interwebs than you may have different opinions. Shocking, I know, but you should accept it.

The "article" was hilarious. I loved Morrowind and Oblivion and I'm sure I'll love Skyrim too but they all had their flaws. If anything Bethesda probably closed topic to avoid in incoming flamefest from insulted fans.

you should have been a moderator. :cool: