Skyrim Tavern

3WINTERS

When I start to play Skyrim, I already plan to have a sig with info on my character and update as things develop. Anyway to the point, what do you think of having a focal point for us to talk about our (and our dovakiin's) experiences and adventures, tips etc as we all go through this experience?

When I start to play Skyrim, I already plan to have a sig with info on my character and update as things develop. Anyway to the point, what do you think of having a focal point for us to talk about our (and our dovakiin's) experiences and adventures, tips etc as we all go through this experience?

You mean a forum, as there will inevitably be?

Or were you thinking about something else, more specifically?

I guess the general discussions area is already set up for everything now that I think of yet but yeah pretty much a forum, you could even respond in character when discussing your adventures... Just a more In character social point what with a multiplayer option lacking in the game

Such forums tend to appear here and there when the game is released. I know I was a member of a "dark brotherhood"-forum when Oblivion was new, where many people had their game-characters as avatars and talked about all kinds of stuff from the game and especially DB-quests :D Not quite in a RP-way, but more in thirdperson. Still got some friends from there on facebook, would be cool to reboot if I get the time to set up a forum :P

But yea, I like the idea :thumbsup:

In any case I'm definitely going to be writing a journal/story based on my dovakiin's experiences... I guess I could do the start already, make up the reasons that sees her end up in the slammer (I always play a female character). Heh, what better way to write a story than play it out first.

In any case I'm definitely going to be writing a journal/story based on my dovakiin's experiences... I guess I could do the start already, make up the reasons that sees her end up in the slammer (I always play a female character). Heh, what better way to write a story than play it out first.

just remember that it IS a game! other then that have fun writing a diary

Ay yes, it is just a game but a little imagination and it can be turned into a story, I suppose I meant that more than diary. In game I may have done an uneventfull walk from one city to the next but on paper I have opportunity to expand things through my eyes, sights, smells, the way things feel, thoughts. When your a writer you tend to see a story in almost anything but I can honestly say oblivion was the only game to put my muse in overdrive, I can't wait to see what Skyrim will do. To me this is true escapism, I get enough real life as it is and as is common with many who embrace escapism, some RL events I'd like to put aside a while lol.