Major Concern

malevolentraven

I didnt understand your fear about bows till now .. yes there are different bow types .. Ive noticed two from the screenshots we have see .. three counting the bound bow .. and I guess someone complimented an elven bow? .. didnt see that review.. but no worries.

I actually didn't see the review either I just seen someone else talk about the review on a different forum.

That is unfortunate about the short swords imo but as long as the bigger daggers work in a similar way ( do decent damage) then I will be happy.

they do the most damage in sneak attacks, times x25 or something like that

edit: its x15 and its perk

Edited by hector530

That is unfortunate about the short swords imo but as long as the bigger daggers work in a similar way ( do decent damage) then I will be happy.

they do the most damage in sneak attacks, times x25 or something like that

As far as I'm aware it's x 15 perked but I wasn't wanting them for just stealth. I was wanting to dual wield short swords for decent damage and fast attack speed in normal combat. So hopefully there are daggers or swords that can provide this because I don't really want to dw long swords.

from watching the videos I think it might be the shield that slows down attacks .. so instead of long and short its just shield or no shield .. but thats just judging by video footage .. but yea .. daggers are a stealth weapon and short swords were dropped I think "not 100% sure" .. but I personally didnt find the attack speed to be fast enough to justify the lower damage in oblivion .. dropping short swords was a good thing imo Edited by jedimembrain

Yeah and who knows the attack speed with some poison could be enough for a rogue character to continue using daggers after stealth. Especially after that huge damage bonus from stealth. I don't think the combat in Skyrim will disappoint or at least it doesn't look that way so far.

Whoa. I too, was planning on using Dual Wield short swords for my first character. Perhaps there's a combat path for dual wielding daggers other than using poison & stealth?

I don't think I would enjoy having to repeatedly switch from dagger/stealth attack to swords for each combat. I'd rather just stick to one melee weapon type per character.

Edited by CalibanX