Speed Run Altmer

Felscor

They confirmed a while back that there arent any basic speed bonuses or health vs magic & stamina (gender in the later 3) variation for starting characters... I dont know the source... but just food for thought.

EDIT

Found it. Skyrim Fan interview

11) What are the differences between the races? I guess they'll have different skill bonuses, but will they also start with different perks or have different "hard-coded" attributes, such as different running speeds or maximum encumbrance, etc.?

Todd: They each start with some skills that are higher by default, but those aren’t hard to overcome with another race in a short time. They also have different starting spells and each has its own passive abilities, like before, as well as powers, like before. So Khajiit can see in the dark, Orcs have a berserk power, Redguards have Adrenaline Rush, and so forth. They work differently in the new system, but the flavor is the same. We kept all the racial movement speeds the same, that’s now a factor of what you’re wearing and have equipped. And starting max encumbrance is the same and is based on your Stamina attribute.

13)...

Gender does not change any initial skills or abilities. There is nothing that men do better than women or vice versa in the game. Other characters will recognize your gender and address you properly. Some may have prejudices for or against a particular gender as a part of their character, but it won’t change what you can or can’t do.

Edited by Odai

Most likely they just decided before hand what character they were going to play as. I mean if they chose different races then the thing would be "Well he won b/c he was a Bosmer!" So I suppose they just decided on common ground, whether it was b/c Altmer was the first choice, a choice out of a hat, or a flip of a coin...well we will never know!

I mean if they chose different races then the thing would be "Well he won b/c he was a Bosmer!"

It was probably because of that actually. I guess I was thinking in terms when two or more people go split screen in a car racing game and both choose the best car they think is the best. Then after a couple races they end up both using the same car every time, because if someone chooses another car they most likely loose. This is where I thought "that is why both developers (sorry in this scenario racers) chose Altmers".

Also when people use the same car it becomes all about skill and speed, not the car itself.

But if the racers chose the same race to not be racist or stop players to miss-choose their race base on the thought "this is the best race" rather "this is the race I love most", then that would make sense too.