Favorite RPG

kinglarsi

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like the old traditional RPG's, as I prefer the firstperson-view. So to be honest, Oblivion was kinda my first RPG :P But other than that I have to say Stalker: SoC and Clear Sky. With some mods, there are no equals out there when it comes to atmosphere and survival!

Aside from the obvious TES games... Man, where to start. Mass Effect 2 was a good recent one. Pretty much ANY "Tales of" series game (out of which Vesperia is my favourite for the GAME part). Fire Emblem (though it is a strategy RPG). Pokemon (sue me. I'm retired as of black/white anyway). Super Mario RPG. Does Animal Crossing count? I'll even throw in Rage of Mages just because.

If you're wanting me to pick my all time favourite RPG out of that... well, you're just evil. BUT, with some hesitation, I think I'd have to go with Tales of Symphonia. Sure, it's pretty ugly and harder to play at this point. But the story and characters are epic, the gameplay is solid (though dated), the world is huge, there's so much to do. But again, it's not by just a whole lot. Good RPGs are simply in a class all their own.

Favorite RPG: Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (modded)

Favorite non-Bethesda RPG: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (modded

Some RPGs I want to try out sometime (besides Skyrim of course): Divinity 2, The Witcher, and The Witcher 2

Edited by DeathWarrior