Difficulty automatically changes

UtopianOne

I enjoy playing on normal difficulty hardcore because the balance is just about right. I'm not a walking tank and neither are the enemies. Every time I run the game it automatically changes to Very Hard and I'll have to change it. While it is just a minor inconvenience, I'd really like to remove whatever is causing it. Thanks for any input :wallbash:

See how many FalloutPref config files you can find. You should only have one, but you could have more than one. Then it's loading from one of them, but saving to another one. Like the default one, then another one inside your profile.

Kudos, I could only find the one, but I deleted it and ran the launcher to make a new one. Upon loading, all the settings were reset and the difficulty was on normal instead of very hard. Not sure if this fix is permanent, but we at least found what file is getting messed with. Thanks :thumbsup:

UPDATE: Turns out the one I deleted is the one being used by the game and unedited by saves. I'll have to find what file is getting changed when I save.

UPDATE2: No luck...Idk what could be doing this. Any input from anyone would be great. Thank you :thumbsup:

UPDATE3: Got it working, I'll post the solution for others who someday have the same problem:

Change the settings in the Main Menu, not the pause menu. They will be saved immediately there.

Edited by UtopianOne