Marine Armor is MISSING it's feet

SporeSkorge

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone found a fix for this?

Wasn't much to find or figure out, it's pretty straight forward. See my post, #3, for details.......right after your first post, as a matter of fact.

Relax, once it's in blender it's easier to rig than most armor. It doesn't need to be manually weight painted because it's a rigid piece of armor, and can be 1.0. As I mentioned in that first post I should hopefully have things set up for working with FO4's nifs in a few days or a week, but it's also likely someone else will knock it out even earlier.

Oh, I'd love to see armoured feet for the marine armour. Especially with my tendency to throw caltrops all over the place... ouch! Armour cobblers, GO!!!

Thanks for reading.

Yeah, visually it's a nice set of armor, kinda my go to....for now. I changed both underarmors (wetsuit and tactical helmet) to allow ballistic weave (I only use level 1 ballistic weave, for balance and realism though) and made the tac helmet underarmor (it looks like it would fit under most armor). If you don't, combat armor with a ballistic weave item, can be the same or better armor rating as the marine armor....and with less weight. With the weave I think it's around 240 and with lighter build (available without any perks) it comes out to be a decent amount of protection for it's weight.

The tactical helmet clips a tiny bit on the visor, so I may change that model a smidge when I do the foot.

Just so everyone knows there is leg armor but it isn't legendary.

Ummm yeah, we're aware there is leg armor.....since we're discussing the feet that are missing from it. And no, there is no legendary version of the legs, although that's easy to fix.

Strange post.

On another topic, would anyone like the helmet lamp to be a working light source?

Just so everyone knows there is leg armor but it isn't legendary.

Ummm yeah, we're aware there is leg armor.....since we're discussing the feet that are missing from it. And no, there is no legendary version of the legs, although that's easy to fix.

Strange post.

On another topic, would anyone like the helmet lamp to be a working light source?

Having the helmet lamp work would be awesome, is anyone closer to solving the main issue/has anyone taken it up?

is anyone closer to solving the main issue/has anyone taken it up?

Pretty much the same response as the last time you posted this question. Not much to solving it, just rigging some of the world model parts that are copied.

You can use nexus's search function with teh keyword "Marine" to check on released mods related to the subject....I didn't see a fix when I checked.

I haven't had time to learn the import/export process yet, but I skimmed Kueiren's guide and it looks like there are some extra steps with bodyslide and nifskope, but that 2.49 is still used.

Once it's imported, the new parts are weighted, the skeleton is imported and parented, you check for any oddities (possibly reassigning vertex groups) and then export. Kueiren doesn't have an export guide, but states it's essentially the reverse of the import project.

I'll try and find some time to do it soon, but this week is playing a lot of catch up, because of the memorial weekend.