Marine Armor is MISSING it's feet

SporeSkorge

@devinpatterson

Have you seen this mod? http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13723/?

No I haven't, I'll check it out. But I think we need a real, bonafide 3d progam for working with meshes (ie blender or 3ds max) because I may need to cut/copy and paste vertex groups (or parts of).

EDIT

Now we have this mod too:-)

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14340/?

I already did that, days ago see my post (#13);

Yeah, visually it's a nice set of armor, kinda my go to....for now. I changed both underarmors (wetsuit and tactical helmet) to allow ballistic weave (I only use level 1 ballistic weave, for balance and realism though) and made the tac helmet underarmor (it looks like it would fit under most armor). If you don't, combat armor with a ballistic weave item, can be the same or better armor rating as the marine armor....and with less weight. With the weave I think it's around 240 and with lighter build (available without any perks) it comes out to be a decent amount of protection for it's weight.

The tactical helmet clips a tiny bit on the visor, so I may change that model a smidge when I do the foot.

Are there any ways to edit what part of the armor disappears to account for the pipboy?

I'm new to FO4 modding, but in FO3/FONV there was a pipboy:on and a pipboy:off node. Most likely FO4 works the same way. Next time I'm in front of my PC I'll check and see.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also on the note of parts of the model armor missing, the elbow on the left arm disappears because of the pipboy, but a pre-release screenshot shows that it should be there:

https://bethesda.net/data/images/event/118/Fallout4_FarHarbor_MarineArmor.png

Are there any ways to edit what part of the armor disappears to account for the pipboy?

Wow i'm surpsrised that there is yet another thing that was chopped from this armor, and yet this time for no apparent reason?

I guess clipping? Maybe?

Is it still lookin' like it's going to come out? What do you guys reckon the chances in adding the feet back in are?

I know it's frustrating, I totally get it :sad:

I haven't had time to do any work on it (or any of my other requests), but it will definitely happen.....it's just a question of when. The model is there, the hold up is pretty much the same for all of the FO4 meshes....it's still early and the import/export process is still obscure to me. Weighting and rigging it would be very straightforward in FONV or FO3. There are some other small details like mirroring the world model mesh to create a right leg, but once you have it in blender or 3ds max the tools are there.

Another way to go about it would be to contact a mod author that is already editing FO4 models (and therefore is already familiar with the import/exporting of FO4's nif format) and ask if s/he could knock this one out. Once it's in a 3D modeling program it should be a pretty quick project.

I'll also try and find some time to check out the tutorial for rigging with Outfit Studio. I'v never used the program though, so I have no clue if it will be the solution.

I haven't had time to do any work on it (or any of my other requests), but it will definitely happen...

Ah, no worries dude, I was just curious is all! Take all the time necessary, I know well that not always we have time to delve into our hobbies. Glad to hear you're determined though, so I wish you all the best irl and in your mod requests!

@devinpatterson

Other mods with custom meshes are already on the nexus for many things like armors and guns you name it. They had to export the things somehow maybe you can message one of them about it?

No more dubage for you brother, your suggesting something I already posted;

Another way to go about it would be to contact a mod author that is already editing FO4 models (and therefore is already familiar with the import/exporting of FO4's nif format) and ask if s/he could knock this one out. Once it's in a 3D modeling program it should be a pretty quick project.

I suggested it as a strategy for those that don't want to wait for me to get to the project.

i fired up the creation kit an hour ago trying to see what was wrong with the marine armors boots and i found that there was a file called legGO that rendered the leg with its boot in the render screen however when you go into the directory legGO is supposed to be in LegGO is missing and instead there are two separate nif files called FOoutfit_R_leg.nif and FOoutfit_R_leg.nif that when loaded into the creation kit render the leg without its boot

i dont know maybe this has something to do with it

Edited by IvanTheRussianFryingPan