Small Concern

erikface

I've had an image in my head of the next game, and I'm throwing down my bet: it's going to be in the Breton's country of High Rock (I know, I know...DF...but bear with me). A super-high-magic craziness ES game sounds incredible, and I pictured some kind of ultimate necromancer as the final boss.

Trust me, it looks way cooler in my head. :psyduck:

Why set it in a province they've already done when a high-magic ES game could be set in Summerset Isles? I think that would be the ideal place for what you have in mind.

I play on console... and I have the game for PC ;)

Its a comfort thing. My xbox is made to play games... so I can use my PC for making sigs, doing H/W and for games that NEED a keyboard... like RTS. Command and conquer on the xbox is awful :S

.......I winder if you will be able to use Shouts in future titles...? :psyduck:

That wouldn't make any sense, unless for some reason you were a descendant of your Skyrim character, and that wouldn't be a very good idea.

Actually, you dont have to be dragonborn to use dragon shouts. Dragonborn is just very skilled at learning and applying them. I mean the greybeards arent dragonborn.

I've had an image in my head of the next game, and I'm throwing down my bet: it's going to be in the Breton's country of High Rock (I know, I know...DF...but bear with me). A super-high-magic craziness ES game sounds incredible, and I pictured some kind of ultimate necromancer as the final boss.

Trust me, it looks way cooler in my head. :psyduck:

Why set it in a province they've already done when a high-magic ES game could be set in Summerset Isles? I think that would be the ideal place for what you have in mind.

Because a man can dream, and I dig Breton wenches.

...and "already done" is, graphically, a stretch of the imagination.

.......I winder if you will be able to use Shouts in future titles...? :psyduck:

That wouldn't make any sense, unless for some reason you were a descendant of your Skyrim character, and that wouldn't be a very good idea.

Actually, you dont have to be dragonborn to use dragon shouts. Dragonborn is just very skilled at learning and applying them. I mean the greybeards arent dragonborn.

Yes this is true and I thought about that while I posted it but i guess i didn't think through it enough lol. But still I really don't think the next TES game should use shouts. Cool as they may be, I like that the TES games stand on their own, and are in their own right their own game, I would prefer it not have elements like shouts based off a previous game. But like I have said before what is with the recent increase in interest in the elder scrolls game after Skyrim. I mean at this point I can hardly get through the day thinking about anything other than Skyrim, so my brain has never at any point been like, hmmm I wonder what the next game will be, cause honestly I don't care yet.

3 words... Walking Tree City

I have to agree I'd really like the next one to be set in Valenwood. While that map is sort of small, though, I think it wouldn't be too much to ask if they made one game with both Valenwood and Elsweyr.

Nono you are thinking about it all wrong.

they can scale the size of these games to be any size they want. Daggerfall was the size of the UK afterall and it was only the tip of hammerfell.

I think they will be sticking to 1 province at a time and 16sq mile maps. If anything with better tech, they may decide to make the maps even larger.

I suppose that's true. I just want to visit both places to badly :(

I also would love to visit Summerset Isles :biggrin:

I as well want to visit both places pretty bad. But I would much rather have it split into two games, so we can focus on one province at a time, and soak in as much lore as possible. However, Argonia is my number one.