Poll who will be playing first

BelgarionNL

Will Skyrim be hacked before the release date?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will Skyrim be hacked before the release date?

• YES, scene release group will hack it before most people get to play it!
    • NO, bethesda made a good decision to use steam and with steam it will take a few days or more to hack the game

This game will most certainly be pirated by at least a good few people out there, there's no denying that. However, having it only available on a certain date and only through Steam will ensure that pirates won't get it early. At least if they don't have someone working on the inside. I've known this to happen before with video games and movies.

i'll pre-load on steam days before. 10 mins install and safe to say ill be one of the people who get to play game the earliest.

also no PC users will play it before anyone else. console gamers who stole or brought a copy before the release will play it before us.

Yeah ********* may release it a day before I get my copy but Bethesda deserves the support.

Plus with time-locked digital downloads, you can possibly actually have legit buyers play first... as long as it doesnt get leaked early, which is pretty much coin toss odds.

Don't give out their name please, people willing to pirate will just go looking for them if they know it - TVD.

If they do a worldwide midnight release: People will be able to play it illegally before PST midnight.

If they do a PST midnight release worldwide (So aussies get it around 11/12/11 evening), people who get it legally will be able to play it first.

Most games I see cracked within 8 hours of being unlocked. Some take longer.

It would actually be simple enough to put a sub-routine in the script that makes the game fail to respond if steam is not detected. On the same vein, I've been told that one of steams current features is it detects and blocks illegal content (up to a certain point).