How to Mod Clothing Attributes?

NarraStan

This is the first time I am posting in a forum, so forgive me if I put this in the wrong place. I was wondering how to alter attributes of clothing such as the 'faded trench coat'. For role playing purposes, my character only wears this item, but it has virtually no armor stats. How might I change this to boost damage protection?

That's VERY easy to do.

Using either FO4Edit or the Creation Kit (probably easier to use the CK now), open the Fallout4.esm file and look under the armor tab. Scroll down or search (type in "trench", for example), looking for the items Full Name, in this case "faded trench coat". When you find it, double click on it to open it.

Now it's just a matter of changing or adding damage resistance numbers. You can give it enchantments as well, like Agatha's Dress CHA 3 bonus for example (called "stage presence" in the files). Change the name to something cool, like "Deckard's Coat" or something.

When you're done, just save or close the CK and it'll ask you if you wanna save; name your new .esp file and save; it'll now be in your FO4 data folder. Activate it with whatever mod manager you're using and play.

To get it in game, open the console and type "help Deckard 4" and then "player.abbitem (ID number) 1" (without the quotes of course).

Cheers.

EDIT:

Just for future reference - this and similar questions probably belong in Fallout 4 Mod Talk.