Nations At War - Minecraft PVP Server.

Yoshh

Nations At War is a PVP/RP server where you, the player, contribute actively to the World's Lore.

I've been playing in this server for a while now, but I still feel like we should have more people there (Mainly in the nation I'm in, hurr durr.). The server uses a whitelist to allow players to join the server, so you need to make an application to be able to play. If you get accepted, that is :P

Problem is, applications are now closed (Had been opened for a week. Last week to be precise), so I was wondering if someone would like to join the server through a referral app made by me. (You still need to make the app yourself, but I'll be doing the referral AKA posting it on their forums :P)

I'll leave you with the Season 2 Trailer and a few links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkGMuiMMmYg

NATIONS @ WAR - http://nationsatwar.org/

NATIONS @ WAR WIKI - http://wiki.nationsatwar.org/Main_Page <-- Be sure to check this one for the Gameplay Mechanics

Also, be aware that I can only do referrals for a few players! I'll also only refer people who know how to write a decent application (So be sure to polish your English skills :P ).

PS: My Nation is Mill-Ajru, if you're wondering.

Edited by Yoshh

Im actually in a new server right now, GodCraft.

EDIT: After watching that video, it may be hard to believe, but GodCraft is entirely, 100% LEGIT. No world editing mods or block spawning AT ALL.

Only the starting structures were made using world editors. Wouldn't make sense to take the time to manually do it. On the other hand, all of the player build structures are... well... player built :P

An example of what Mill-Ajru built on the World Tree: (Warning, big image)

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l106/Korugawa/Minecraft/NAW%20Server%20-%20Mill-Ajru%20Nation/Live%20Season%202/2011-08-13_131241.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love to join nations at war sooooo much my name is Zad_zad copy and paste this please:

[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]Minecraft Ingame Name:[/b][/u][/size][/color]
Zad_zad
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]Age[/b]:[/u][/size][/color]
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]Country:[/b][/u][/size][/color]
Ireland
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]How long have you been playing Minecraft?[/b][/u][/size][/color]
Since about Alpha 1.2.5
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]Have you played on any other servers? If so, provide their name.[/b][/u][/size][/color]
Not really, I played on SpookyCraft once
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]How did you discover Nations at War? If from a friend, provide their N@W username.[/b][/u][/size][/color]
Yoshh told me.
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]Why do you want to be a part of Nations at War? [/b][/u][/size][/color]
I want to be a part of a greater community in Minecraft and I have not heard of a better server to do so.
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]Have you read and agree to abide by the rules?[/b][/u][/size][/color]
Yes I have read and abide by them. I hate servers (SpookyCraft) where people just fly around in no-clip and the moderators and admins do nothing about it.
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]Are you familiar with the changed gameplay mechanics the server uses? Describe them a little.[/b][/u][/size][/color]
I am familiar with iConomy, in this case you earn crowns by selling items and killing mobs, once you have built up your money you can donate to your nation to grow it or you can use it to create a whole new nation for 20,000 crowns. You can also use crowns to buy land. Players can own shops in your land and only your faction can open chests. When war is declared blocks can be broken and people can steal/loot your items. Once the war is over any blocks broken will come back but you should watch your chests during war because any items looted will not be returned!
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]Are you comfortable with replacing bin folders for Minecraft and running [i]only[/i] the mods associated with this server? If not, are you willing to take instruction and learn?[/b][/u][/size][/color]
Yes I know from using the Minecraft pre-releases and I have tried your texture pack (it works!).
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]If invited onto the server, what would you bring to the community?[/b]:[/u][/size][/color]
I would bring my small knowledge of redstone which could be grown by the faction I wish to join's redstone wizard, my love of RPGs & general role playing and also my creative building: 
[spoiler][img=http://i.imgur.com/zx9j9.png][/spoiler]

It should come out like this:

Minecraft Ingame Name:

Zad_zad

Ireland

How long have you been playing Minecraft?

Since about Alpha 1.2.5

Have you played on any other servers? If so, provide their name.

How did you discover Nations at War? If from a friend, provide their N@W username.

Yoshh told me.

Why do you want to be a part of Nations at War?

I want to be a part of a greater community in Minecraft and I have not heard of a better server to do so.

Have you read and agree to abide by the rules?

Yes I have read and abide by them. I hate servers (SpookyCraft) where people just fly around in no-clip and the moderators and admins do nothing about it.

Are you familiar with the changed gameplay mechanics the server uses? Describe them a little.

I am familiar with iConomy, in this case you earn crowns by selling items and killing mobs, once you have built up your money you can donate to your nation to grow it or you can use it to create a whole new nation for 20,000 crowns. You can also use crowns to buy land. Players can own shops in your land and only your faction can open chests. When war is declared blocks can be broken and people can steal/loot your items. Once the war is over any blocks broken will come back but you should watch your chests during war because any items looted will not be returned!

Are you comfortable with replacing bin folders for Minecraft and running only the mods associated with this server? If not, are you willing to take instruction and learn?

Yes I know from using the Minecraft pre-releases and I have tried your texture pack (it works!).

If invited onto the server, what would you bring to the community?:

I would bring my small knowledge of redstone which could be grown by the faction I wish to join's redstone wizard, my love of RPGs & general role playing and also my creative building:

http://i.imgur.com/zx9j9.png

Thanks soooooooo much if you do this.

Edited by Zadzad

Thanks so much for posting in the first place but I would be even more thankful if you updated it with this.

Please copy and paste:

Updated Application as suggested by: turel777 and TheLion69er.
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]Minecraft Ingame Name:[/b][/u][/size][/color]
Zad_zad
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]Age[/b]:[/u][/size][/color]
I was 17 on the 29th of October
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]Country:[/b][/u][/size][/color]
Dublin, Ireland
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]How long have you been playing Minecraft?[/b][/u][/size][/color]
Since about Alpha 1.2.5
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]Have you played on any other servers? If so, provide their name.[/b][/u][/size][/color]
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]How did you discover Nations at War? If from a friend, provide their N@W username.[/b][/u][/size][/color]
Yoshh told me about this server by showing me the trailer. After watching the trailer I was in awe.
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]Why do you want to be a part of Nations at War? [/b][/u][/size][/color]
I want to join Nations at War because it is a server like no other, Minecraft is also a game like no other so I thought this would be the best way to play the game at its full. Minecraft multiplayer is all about having fun with friends old and new and I wish to play on this server so I can do exactly that. You might even say 'I have a dream' of playing minecraft in a community where I can simply let my imaginations loose with role playing and building.
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]Have you read and agree to abide by the rules?[/b][/u][/size][/color]
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]Are you familiar with the changed gameplay mechanics the server uses? Describe them a little.[/b][/u][/size][/color]
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]Are you comfortable with replacing bin folders for Minecraft and running [i]only[/i] the mods associated with this server? If not, are you willing to take instruction and learn?[/b][/u][/size][/color]
Yes I know from using the Minecraft pre-releases. And testing mods in single player. I will only use the mod(s) associated with the server.
[color=#40BF80][size=150][u][b]If invited onto the server, what would you bring to the community?[/b]:[/u][/size][/color]
I would bring my love of co-operation and imagination but I would also bring my talents in war tactics and diplomacy.  : 
[spoiler][img=http://i.imgur.com/zx9j9.png][img=http://i.imgur.com/Uliyt.png][img=http://i.imgur.com/inAEo.png][img=http://i.imgur.com/TGn3R.png][/spoiler]

It should look like this:

Updated Application as suggested by: turel777 and TheLion69er.

Minecraft Ingame Name:

Zad_zad

I was 17 on the 29th of October

Dublin, Ireland

Since about Alpha 1.2.5

How did you discover Nations at War? If from a friend, provide their N@W username.

Yoshh told me about this server by showing me the trailer. After watching the trailer I was in awe.

I want to join Nations at War because it is a server like no other, Minecraft is also a game like no other so I thought this would be the best way to play the game at its full. Minecraft multiplayer is all about having fun with friends old and new and I wish to play on this server so I can do exactly that. You might even say 'I have a dream' of playing minecraft in a community where I can simply let my imaginations loose with role playing and building.

Are you familiar with the changed gameplay mechanics the server uses? Describe them a little.

Are you comfortable with replacing bin folders for Minecraft and running only the mods associated with this server? If not, are you willing to take instruction and learn?

Yes I know from using the Minecraft pre-releases. And testing mods in single player. I will only use the mod(s) associated with the server.

I would bring my love of co-operation and imagination but I would also bring my talents in war tactics and diplomacy. :

http://i.imgur.com/zx9j9.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/Uliyt.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/inAEo.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/TGn3R.png

Thanks in advance :)

Hello there, I am very much interested in joining this server. It looks like my type of server and such. Here's my application.

Minecraft Ingame Name:

Alcarnus

United States of America

I have been playing Minecraft for about four months now.

Yes, LegendsMC. LegendsMC is a hardcore PvP server that encourages PvP combat and uses towny to wage wars on rival empires.

I was informed of this server by Yoshio. Although, I have seen this server's videos on YouTube multiple times, and I liked what I saw.

I am very interested in joining for many reasons. One being that I like PvP and you seem to provide a good community and such for it. In my previous server, I was Kaesor (emperor) of a vast empire of raiders/warriors. We built massive walls and other defensive constructs that walled our lands from all outsiders. Your various unique plug-ins are very,well unique, and I like the individuality Nations at War has. Everything from the the texture pack to the community. I also want to play with a mature semi-PvP oriented playerbase, and you seem to have a very good community. Another reason is your role-playing theme, I think it's very fun and adds a new aspect to a nation's personality. I really admire the hard work and dedication your team has put on making this server as well. When and if I get accepted, one of my first goals is to explore the lands of this rich and vast world you have created.

Yes, I have. I have absolutely no problems with the rules or anything of the sort. I understand that foreign client mods may be taxing on a server and will remove any ones I currently have. And I strongly agree with the building guidelines.

Yes, I am familiar with the changed gameplay mechanics. I understand that you are using a custom-built towny-like plugin that you have created. This plugin protects land from griefing and such and allows nations to claim land. I also know of iconomy, the basic currency plugin of this server. Trading and killing aggressive mobs/players earn you money which can be used to create a nation, donate to your nation, or buy plots within your nation. I also like the nation plugin you use, where you can declare war on other nations and destroy their cities and watch it all come back when the war ends. In my previous server, we had many similiar plugins to N@W, so I shouldn't have problems with the changed mechanics. To add to that, I have been reading up on the wiki, and questions and pestering will not be coming from me.

Yes, I am comfortable with replacing bin folders to run the mods associated with this server. If any problems are encountered, I am willing to learn.

If invited, I could bring my expertise in stealth and combat to the nation I join. I am also a good leader and strategist, not boasting. I am very good at leading soldiers into combat and overseeing nation-wide construction projects. Some examples are, roads that span the majority of the map and such, to allow ease of travel for military or commercial purposes. And by roads I do not mean thin strips of dirt, I mean some good-looking, well-lit ones. I am a horrible diplomat, usually deals end with me massing an army at the borders of another nation. However, I respect authority and discipline. Loyalty and dedication is what forges a great empire and I am willing to follow, no matter what.

Edited by joeaa77