ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Weird purple guard helmets

defjamv

Hey, idk what's wrong with the guard helmets but I don't even have a mod that changes them and they are appearing like this. Does anyone know what's up?

http://i.imgur.com/XeRcjXZ.png
http://i.imgur.com/uX3U6kS.png

Either a) Something has changed the texture paths or the meshes, so that the helmet textures are no longer being referenced or correctly or b) the game is running out of memory ( not likely to be this one as it "usually" shows up on random items with random textures missing, not specifically i item type)

Check the meshes in your data/meshes/armor folder, (open them in Nifskope)and and make sure the texture paths are correct.

If they are, then you have a rogue (and/or very badly made) .esp or .esm that has changed something so that the helmet references are no longer correct.

Either a) Something has changed the texture paths or the meshes, so that the helmet textures are no longer being referenced or correctly or b) the game is running out of memory ( not likely to be this one as it "usually" shows up on random items with random textures missing, not specifically i item type)

Check the meshes in your data/meshes/armor folder, (open them in Nifskope)and and make sure the texture paths are correct.

If they are, then you have a rogue (and/or very badly made) .esp or .esm that has changed something so that the helmet references are no longer correct.

I will try that thank you. I also have CTD but weird ones. It isn't the usual thing where you see the .exe close as if you alt+f4'd instead the screen just goes black and then I'm at my desktop and don't see the .exe close or minimize at all. Nothing seems to trigger it either, I can literally be standing still and my screen will go black and close occasionally.

Windows 10 btw and no ENB, infact my Skyrim is almost vanilla except Requiem.

Edited by defjamv

Did you have a mod that changed the helmets of the guards at some point? I think there are three or four that do that. I'm just curious because that's an open faced helm and I don't think the guards have those without mods do they? I could be incredibly wrong as it's been a while since I played vanilla but it seems like I recall all of the guards using closed helms. The mesh looks like this mod without the textures is why I ask.

Did you have a mod that changed the helmets of the guards at some point? I think there are three or four that do that. I'm just curious because that's an open faced helm and I don't think the guards have those without mods do they? I could be incredibly wrong as it's been a while since I played vanilla but it seems like I recall all of the guards using closed helms. The mesh looks like this mod without the textures is why I ask.

You are quite correct. All Guards have the full closed face helmet. Normally only Stormcloaks can sometimes have the open faced ones, though the exception is one or two Whiterun Guards we only see during that first Dragon Kill at the Watchtower.

With the random black screens and CTD's it sounds like it "may" Papyrus possibly having hissy fits with memory leakage? i.e to many scripts or to many dirty scripts, and they could have bolixed up the Save File with leftover trash, and the memory leakage is showing itself on the guard helmets for some reason?

Never used the guard helmet mods, seems Requiem had a brainfart because reinstalling it and repatching it fixed the helmets so Requiem must have it's own version of them. The CTDs don't make sense though, memory leak you say? I don't think any of the mods installed use papyrus and it seems odd I'd be having memory leaks when almost playing vanilla.

Hate how Bethesda's games CTD with mod conflicts and whatnot though. Most games when you accidentally cause 2 mods to fight over a function one just gets cancelled out, but Bethesda's games? Nah mate off to the desktop you go. :confused:

Edited by defjamv