would the game support more than 3GB of RAM unmodded?

Kayvaan7472

I will tell you this if you have 4 GB or less memory don't change from windows xp 32 bit to windows 7 64 bit.

And, likewise, if you have 12 GB memory (or however much), don't change from windows 7 64 bit to windows xp 32 bit. I do not know where the threshold is, but at some point, using a 64 bit OS improves your system performance.

I will tell you this if you have 4 GB or less memory don't change from windows xp 32 bit to windows 7 64 bit.

You won't feel the diffrence since my xp with norton internet security takes around 300 MB to run and windows 7 64 bit with norton internet security takes around 1 GB.

There's a lot going on in comparing Windows 7 64 bit to Windows XP 32 bit. Personally, I disagree that upgrading is a bad idea. It's true Norton Internet Security is a resource hog, but that has more to do with Norton than windows. I'd consider using a less resource-intensive anti-virus scanner.

If you're worried about security, Windows 7 has XP beat in just about every possible way. Even though I recently upgraded to 8 gigs of RAM, Windows 7 64 ran great when I had 2 gigs of RAM. If you're finding extreme slow-down happening on a particular machine, I'd investigate what's going on there a little more before blaming it on the operating system.

• 2 weeks later...

the would work better on the PC if they allow more than 4GB of RAM

it was the same case with FO3 and FONV.

i had constant crashes without using the enabler and 90% less with it.

and 64bit systems are the norm nowadays anyways.

i just bought a new laptop recently and during my research and shopping around i hardly see any laptops that comes with a 32bit WIn7.

they are nearly all 64bit.

i know that that won't happen for this game since it is just another console port but i was hoping that it would be possible.