People be hatin' on Bethesda mon...

Jakeschulz

And yes it can happen. The courts and laws are very sophisticated and this could happen in them. Notch seems to think they should drop it, but if you are a lawyer, you should know what Bethesda is doing is applicable. I'm not on Bethesda's side for TES or anything for this unlike many and vice-versa. I look what is reasonable and what can happen and Notch filing for almost everything for Scrolls can lead it to Bethesda getting their TES license revoked. It can happen, and there are many that said this too.

Well, it's a far shot, very far in fact. As well the article (and the article's source) voices authors opinion on the subject, rather than proffesional overlook.

Loosing a copyrighted title isn't that easy and I doubt the driving force there for Notch was intention to steal right to TES series. There is simply no way to do this legally. There are "If he perhaps maybe did that, he could have like do this maybe.", but no realistic chance of doing that with any product, let alone something huge as this. When companies loose their copyrights, it's because they produce badly written deeds... Like Interplay and Bethesda with Fallout - Not the paragon example, but it's close.

The "lie" in there is the fact that Notch most likely knew there might be a problem, but he still kept the name.

Edited by elvinkun

Its more of a time thing .. That sort of thing wouldn't happen overnight but over years of two companies owning licenses that look a lot alike and share names .. well.. Bethesda wants to avoid this .. simple as that.. don't tread on my scrolls :P