Lost Original files

Proximitus

I downloaded and tried to install the Enhance hotkeys mod, but it didn't work.. I uninstalled it, but apperantly, the textures are still available, because, when I try to hotkey something, it still shows the square box from the mod, instead of the original circle..

I really want the circle back, but I don't what to remove.. Can someone send me the vanilla files of the textures? (I believe that's where the problem is) Because I don't feel like re-installing the game..

The vanilla textures are in the BSA archives in your Oblivion/Data folder. There's no need to reinstall Oblivion, or even unpack the textures. Just remove the textures from Enhanced Hotkeys and your game should revert to using the Vanilla textures.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by The_Vyper

No, no one can send any copyrighted original files. That is piracy. And its not necessary because they are still in your game - The mods do not remove any original content when installed (unless you are doing it entirely wrong)

The way mods work is they are loaded each and every time the game is started. First the game loads its vanilla stuff in the game.esm, then it adds in the content in the various vanilla BSA files. Then it adds mods in the load order that you hopefully set properly. As each mod is added, it either adds new content, or overlays existing content such as mesh and texture files. When it overlays, it does not remove the original data, it just replaces it in the game for that game session. When you close the game, all of the data is removed from your memory and the next time you start it, it is loaded all over again

When you completely remove the mod that overwrites the vanilla meshes and textures, the originals will come back.

If you did get illegal copies and loaded them in, they would just replace the existing original files and you will still have the same problem.

Topic closed to prevent piracy from being discussed.

Bben46, Moderator