What's with the dragon hype?

ventrilol

I get it .. I'm impressed with the dragons but they are far from my top ten reasons to buy skyrim .. its more of a marketing thing .. Bethesda knows the manly man stuff sells well .. so the more they push vikings and dragons the more people want the game .. I don't really care .. I think I'll spend most of my time starting a family and working with light armor .. crafting and selling .. :P

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine I'll be interested in the Dragon fights with my first character who will be a fighter and while the novelty of them will still be fresh. But, yeah, once I decide to play a stealth based character, I can't imagine having much interest in Dragon slaying.

Dragons are about as much of a selling point as going to the plains of Oblivion were for Oblivion, which isn't a bad thing. There honestly hasn't been much hype around here lately. I have seen on other sites where they are brought up quite a bit if Skyrim is mentioned.

You do realize dragons have been in the lore since Arena, and Redguard featured them as well. No offense but it really bothers me when people say Dragons were never in TES. Reminds me of those Demon's Souls fanatics that said Skyrim copied dragons from that game. Dragons are pretty much in almost every fantasy, and will still be in almost everyone. I'm doing the Main Quest because I'm a Lore Freak and have always been drawn into the lore. In my opinion Bethesda makes better lore than anyone else.

This will be the first time I experience dragons in a game (Oblivions doesnt count), and therefore I'm hyped like hell about it. I think they look very well implemented, considering they're acting completely random.

Edit: Okay I just recalled I played Drakan like hell back in the days, so Skyrim will be the second game of dragons :teehee:

Edited by Mr. Bravo