What's with the dragon hype?

ventrilol

I haven't been hearing much about dragons at all really. Theirs been more talk about the little things in the game then their has been about what Skyrim is really all about, Dragons! Most people have been bugging out about werewolves it's been a while since anything about dragons has ever been talked bout.

I've seen posts of people pretending to be already working on Werewolves mods, lol

how can you develop a mod from scratches, without the game even being released..

I think they are just starting to plan so they can get their mods out as soon as possible and assemble a mod team

Ah, yes, reapers.

Do you think they'll release mods for consoles? I prepurchased it on PC but i still have no idea if i'll be able to run it

if you can give me a hand, just read my post here http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/388498-the-thread-of-computers-aka-will-my-computer-run-skyrim/page__st__280__gopid__3706965#entry3706965

thanks in advance. (I have no computer tech experience, unfortunately)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One person out of two that talks about Skyrim is just THAT insane about dragons, they're like: "WOW

I can't wait until i do that or i do this with the dragons blah blah finishing moves blablabla red dragon of ultra fire breathing death blabla".

From the footages, the dragon fights just look boring and very badly executed. I know the guy who played preset their

Hp to almost infinite but oh well, the fights really just don't look fun to me, also, just don't get it how people are that much hypnotized

by this creature more than every other amazing thing the elders scroll has to offer.

Personally, I'd rather not even have them, it just looks like the developpers are wasting their time they've never been in any TES game and they do not belong into one.

But really, why would you rather not have dragons? I'm not criticizing your opinion, I'm just curious to know where you're coming from, when you say that.

they've never been in any TES game and they do not belong into one.

It is foretold in the Elder Scrolls themselves that dragons shall return. And incase you haven't noticed, the symbol of the empire is a dragon. Also we have Akatosh, Peryite and Martin even turned into one in Oblivion, but that was just the avatar of Akatosh. Dragons DEFINITELY belong.

I haven't been hearing much about dragons at all really. Theirs been more talk about the little things in the game then their has been about what Skyrim is really all about, Dragons! Most people have been bugging out about werewolves it's been a while since anything about dragons has ever been talked bout.

I've seen posts of people pretending to be already working on Werewolves mods, lol

how can you develop a mod from scratches, without the game even being released..

I think they are just starting to plan so they can get their mods out as soon as possible and assemble a mod team

Ah, yes, reapers.

Do you think they'll release mods for consoles? I prepurchased it on PC but i still have no idea if i'll be able to run it

if you can give me a hand, just read my post here http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/388498-the-thread-of-computers-aka-will-my-computer-run-skyrim/page__st__280__gopid__3706965#entry3706965

This might just be my opinion but I really think people are seriously over estimating what Skyrim is going to be in terms of computer specs...I'm no expert but I'd say your fine. Pete Hines said that the official specs for the game will be released soon (In Pete time that could be today or mabye two weeks from now no one knows) but my guess would be ya you can run it. And no theirs no console mods, it's a shame I know

One person out of two that talks about Skyrim is just THAT insane about dragons, they're like: "WOW

I can't wait until i do that or i do this with the dragons blah blah finishing moves blablabla red dragon of ultra fire breathing death blabla".

From the footages, the dragon fights just look boring and very badly executed. I know the guy who played preset their

Hp to almost infinite but oh well, the fights really just don't look fun to me, also, just don't get it how people are that much hypnotized

by this creature more than every other amazing thing the elders scroll has to offer.

Personally, I'd rather not even have them, it just looks like the developpers are wasting their time they've never been in any TES game and they do not belong into one.

But really, why would you rather not have dragons? I'm not criticizing your opinion, I'm just curious to know where you're coming from, when you say that.

Oh, I didn't want to offend anyone who likes dragons or even Skyrim, from my point of view, dragons are just overused

in the games with a fantastic theme. I also liked the fact that in the previous games, they emphasized more on humanoid creatures (minotaurs, bandits, ghouls, goblins, etc.)

which are quite simple but much more satisfying to slay. But that's just my opinion

You can find the dragon fights boring, but that'd qualify all fights boring as they aren't much different than the HP markage. The other moves that are added do not restrict themselves to the dragons. Another end is that the elder scrolls never had much of a boss fight in them that offered anything special and the dragons won't be much of it either. The only reason most people wow is because a new elder scrolls games is getting out and tangling the current subject is part of that.

If it was an army of flying steeds or evolved cliffracers nothing would've changed much. I think that developers do deserve to decide what is in their games as they have made the lore themselves, players do not own it and if they think dragons are a fun addition they should if that lets them enjoy creating the full game. In case you missed, Akatosh appeared as a dragon in the endgame of oblivion, almost every banner/emblem/door linked to the imperial influence has a dragon on it, the facets of the dragonborn, dragon throne/crown, dragon fires, dragon emperor have been through the lore of oblivion and morrowind... linkage enough to add them. If you're worried it'll turn into some classic fantasy/realistic game I will give you a point, otherwise not.

edit: Glad I saw that confirmed in a post above. If you said that at the start it's more logical where you're heading to :P.

A page was added while writing lol

Edited by Pronam

Ah, yes, reapers.

This might just be my opinion but I really think people are seriously over estimating what Skyrim is going to be in terms of computer specs...I'm no expert but I'd say your fine. Pete Hines said that the official specs for the game will be released soon (In Pete time that could be today or mabye two weeks from now no one knows) but my guess would be ya you can run it. And no theirs no console mods, it's a shame I know

That confirms what I thought, there were debates on console mods maybe six months ago, I quit reading about skyrim around that time. but now i'm back and just very hyped about the release, which is in three weeks, boom

Oh, I didn't want to offend anyone who likes dragons or even Skyrim, from my point of view, dragons are just overused

in the games with a fantastic theme. I also liked the fact that in the previous games, they emphasized more on humanoid creatures (minotaurs, bandits, ghouls, goblins, etc.)

which are quite simple but much more satisfying to slay. But that's just my opinion

Haha yeah, maybe i shouldve done that, and yeah i didn't remark them in oblivion, only played about 100 hours (still, lol)

That confirms what I thought, there were debates on console mods maybe six months ago, I quit reading about skyrim around that time. but now i'm back and just very hyped about the release, which is in three weeks, boom

Ya, seems the closer we get to Skyrim the slower the weeks go by. I guarantee 11/10/11 will be the longest day ever for those who are waiting for the game.

Ya, seems the closer we get to Skyrim the slower the weeks go by. I guarantee 11/10/11 will be the longest day ever for those who are waiting for the game.

I don't see what you mean, I'll hibernate that day

J o k e