What's with the dragon hype?

ventrilol

One person out of two that talks about Skyrim is just THAT insane about dragons, they're like: "WOW

I can't wait until i do that or i do this with the dragons blah blah finishing moves blablabla red dragon of ultra fire breathing death blabla".

From the footages, the dragon fights just look boring and very badly executed. I know the guy who played preset their

Hp to almost infinite but oh well, the fights really just don't look fun to me, also, just don't get it how people are that much hypnotized

by this creature more than every other amazing thing the elders scroll has to offer.

Personally, I'd rather not even have them, it just looks like the developpers are wasting their time they've never been in any TES game and they do not belong into one.

But really, why would you rather not have dragons? I'm not criticizing your opinion, I'm just curious to know where you're coming from, when you say that.

Oh, I didn't want to offend anyone who likes dragons or even Skyrim, from my point of view, dragons are just overused

in the games with a fantastic theme. I also liked the fact that in the previous games, they emphasized more on humanoid creatures (minotaurs, bandits, ghouls, goblins, etc.)

which are quite simple but much more satisfying to slay. But that's just my opinion

I never imagined that you were being in any way offensive. Like I said, I was only more curious about your opinion, and you have a pretty good point. In perspective, it hasn't been very long since Bioware rode the old cliche with Dragon Age. I felt a little bit the way you do when Skyrim was announced, excited though I was.

Neverthless, it's reassuring to me that large monsters of some kind are present. Fantasy is full of large monsters (like dragons), for which the dynamics of fighting with them would have been, up until now, beyond the scope of Elder Scrolls games.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never imagined that you were being in any way offensive. Like I said, I was only more curious about your opinion, and you have a pretty good point. In perspective, it hasn't been very long since Bioware rode the old cliche with Dragon Age. I felt a little bit the way you do when Skyrim was announced, excited though I was.

Neverthless, it's reassuring to me that large monsters of some kind are present. Fantasy is full of large monsters (like dragons), for which the dynamics of fighting with them would have been, up until now, beyond the scope of Elder Scrolls games.

I totally get your point, Dragon age : (Origins is the one I played) did a great job with the dragons, they seemed

like facultative (some of them)/mini bosses fights throughout

the main quest in the story and were pleasant to beat down I admit..

In the end I guess I'll just hope they don't put too many of these fights in the game, it really did hurt me to see

that he was already fighting a dragon twelve minutes after he began to show the gameplay, it kinda generalizes the

thing that is supposed to be epic

Edited by ventrilol

That was a scripted demo...

looked like what I was gonna see 10 minutes after i start the game though

(after the hundred hours i'll spend to customize my character,

not)

Also in some of the hands-on previews I've read, some people went to Whiterun where a king or something told the character to get rid of the dragon terrorizing the town.

Could not agree with the OP more. I really never cared about the dragons or finishing moves or achievements. I just want a new TES with all it's glory. These flashy features are a waste of time IMO.

I would rather not have them because I would prefer more content elsware in any form. Personally I don't even plan to ever do the main quest.

Could not agree with the OP more. I really never cared about the dragons or finishing moves or achievements. I just want a new TES with all it's glory. These flashy features are a waste of time IMO.

I would rather not have them because I would prefer more content elsware in any form. Personally I don't even plan to ever do the main quest.

I'm that kind of player too, I'm not really interested in the main quest (not in dragons, too!) until very, very, late

probably because we don't want the thing to end prematurely

I agree with Ventrilol. I think it will be interesting to see how these TES dragons work out though, and they don't really seem badly executed.

All I want is freedom in the infinite world of TES, fighting dragons in all their banality is really the last thing on my Bosmer Thief's mind.