Skyrim, Should i buy it on release?

fallout3k

there is no level cap but leveling gets very slow after 70 .. meaning once you hit 70 (or was it 50?) .. once you hit the cap it will require a TON of XP to level more.

Thats not quite it.

There IS a mathematical level cap in the low 70s (possibly 70 precisely), once all your skills reach 100. At that point your level can't grow at all, as level ups are based on skillups. Theres no XP per se.

What they said is that level 50 was sort of a soft cap because it'll be harder to get all your skills high enough to level past that point. Ie, if you choose to focus on light armor or 1h weapons, itll max out eventually, and since you put perks in it, you probably wont feel like leveling up heavy armor and 2h weapons, but you'd have to to get to 70.

Still I expect most powergamers to get to the cap eventually.

Edited by Valamyr

there is no level cap but leveling gets very slow after 70 .. meaning once you hit 70 (or was it 50?) .. once you hit the cap it will require a TON of XP to level more.

Thats not quite it.

There IS a mathematical level cap in the low 70s (possibly 70 precisely), once all your skills reach 100. At that point your level can't grow at all, as level ups are based on skillups.

What they said is that level 50 was sort of a soft cap because it'll be harder to get all your skills high enough to level past that point. Ie, if you choose to focus on light armor or 1h weapons, itll max out eventually, and since you put perks in it, you probably wont feel like leveling up heavy armor and 2h weapons, but you'd have to to get to 70.

Still I expect most powergamers to get to the cap eventually.

Mathematical is what I meant! Sorry!