Activate Havok on a dead body...

WarRatsG

Hi :)

Little bit of background first - I have created a dungeon where a lot of different things jump out at you, walls appear/disappear, etc. At one part, a (relatively) dead zombie is supposed to fall through a hole in the roof right in front of the player.

The zombie is already placed, disabled, in what is essentially a funnel to ensure he falls through. When the player moves through a trigzone the zombie is enabled and should fall.

The only problem is, he doesn't.

Instead, the zombie behaves like a static. He just floats there, nothing affecting him. He is even subject to the "MoveTo bug" where his graphics don't update - just like a static.

Havok suddenly kicks in if I press "z" on the zombie (grab). The moment I hit grab he flies just like planned into the hole.

My plan to get around this was that if the zombie started alive and was killed by script, then havok would work just like normal. For some reason though, if the zombie is alive when enabled, he disappears (or possibly never appears). I have no clue why this is. :huh:

So, is there a function that activates Havok on a reference? Or perhaps another workaround?

Thanks for your help :)

So a 0-health zombie isn't working :confused:. If you haven't yet, put down some pathgrid, that's probably why it disappears. Another end might be the packages it is using.

A workaround might be casting an area of effect spell from a static/activator nearby.

Hi :)

Little bit of background first - I have created a dungeon where a lot of different things jump out at you, walls appear/disappear, etc. At one part, a (relatively) dead zombie is supposed to fall through a hole in the roof right in front of the player.

The zombie is already placed, disabled, in what is essentially a funnel to ensure he falls through. When the player moves through a trigzone the zombie is enabled and should fall.

The only problem is, he doesn't.

Instead, the zombie behaves like a static. He just floats there, nothing affecting him. He is even subject to the "MoveTo bug" where his graphics don't update - just like a static.

Havok suddenly kicks in if I press "z" on the zombie (grab). The moment I hit grab he flies just like planned into the hole.

My plan to get around this was that if the zombie started alive and was killed by script, then havok would work just like normal. For some reason though, if the zombie is alive when enabled, he disappears (or possibly never appears). I have no clue why this is. :huh:

So, is there a function that activates Havok on a reference? Or perhaps another workaround?

Thanks for your help :)

I don't know of a command that activate Havoc on a reference. (Doesn't mean there isn't one, I junst don't know one). As for a workaround, try this:

1. Put a collision box under the zombie, make it a persistent reference and give it a RefID.

2. De-select the "Initially Disabled" flag on your zombie and drop it so that it "stands" on the collision box.

3. Click the 'HavocSim" button in the CS while your zombie is selected in the Render Window. The zombie will collapse on the collision box.

4. Re-script your trigger zone to disable the collision box. Your zombie should fall as desired once the collision box is disabled.

So a 0-health zombie isn't working :confused:. If you haven't yet, put down some pathgrid, that's probably why it disappears. Another end might be the packages it is using.

Good idea for a living reference, but pathgrids have no effect on dead creatures or NPCs, nor do AI packages use them.