Crazy, wacky, undoable mod ideas for Skyrim.

Garnn

I'd never say a mod idea is completely impossible, because then, after someone makes it, I'll look foolish.

That said, I'll venture one idea:

Bringing a full Dungeons & Dragons ruleset to Skyrim, complete with new creatures, races and factions. I view this as impossible partially because D&D license-holders are lawsuit happy, so I'm pretty confident it won't happen.

Mods aren't sellable, and aren't subject to copyright laws, so there would be nothing wrong with that mod.

What about a mod, that made you have to personally yell the dragon shouts out loud, a la Phoenix Wright?

LAN Multiplayer ~ Impossible

That depressed the hell out of me. My teenage cousins didn't even know what I meant when I told them about it and Diablo.

Anyway, to borrow from another post's format...

Crazy: Call in an A-10 Airstrike.

Wacky: Snoopy conducting strafing runs against players with his flying doghouse

Undoable: GTA- Skyrim

Edited by justwannaddl

Just like to state I disagree with almost everything you just said .. RPG players being trashed .. Shiny "optional dragon shout line" on the floor .. no longer caring about statistics? .. Armor I sorta agree with but only a little .. and games are a million times more complex in their controls than they use to be o_O .. your just whiny and nostalgic.

Interesting, we almost never meet, but you almost always disagree with me. But. You can't care about something that was improved out of the game, yes? As for complexity, that's more like a fact ... for a paragon example, look at latest Bioware hits, but again, in this case, we'll have to see what Skyrim brings, they are very carefull about releasing information (Like PC reqs, they are very carefull not to leak that). I'm sure there are many good improvements as well as few bad ones - generalization, simplyfication (subjective). And yes, I am very nostalgic person, not whining tho, I never whine, bacause I am in fact very merry, happy and loud person. Wasn't trying to start a war tho, if one little bad joke irritates you guys so much, just don't respond the next time.

I for one agree with you. I'm a huge nerd and play tons of RPGs including Old school 2nd and 3rd ed DnD. I love building complex characters and making a strategy when leveling. Skyrim just seems dumbed down. Ok, so let's say I'm an archer. All I have to do is put points into stamina and take archery perks... no brainer, no strategy. :/

Just like to state I disagree with almost everything you just said .. RPG players being trashed .. Shiny "optional dragon shout line" on the floor .. no longer caring about statistics? .. Armor I sorta agree with but only a little .. and games are a million times more complex in their controls than they use to be o_O .. your just whiny and nostalgic.

Interesting, we almost never meet, but you almost always disagree with me. But. You can't care about something that was improved out of the game, yes? As for complexity, that's more like a fact ... for a paragon example, look at latest Bioware hits, but again, in this case, we'll have to see what Skyrim brings, they are very carefull about releasing information (Like PC reqs, they are very carefull not to leak that). I'm sure there are many good improvements as well as few bad ones - generalization, simplyfication (subjective). And yes, I am very nostalgic person, not whining tho, I never whine, bacause I am in fact very merry, happy and loud person. Wasn't trying to start a war tho, if one little bad joke irritates you guys so much, just don't respond the next time.

I for one agree with you. I'm a huge nerd and play tons of RPGs including Old school 2nd and 3rd ed DnD. I love building complex characters and making a strategy when leveling. Skyrim just seems dumbed down. Ok, so let's say I'm an archer. All I have to do is put points into stamina and take archery perks... no brainer, no strategy. :/

Well, I agree with you both. this isn't to say I don't think Skyrim will be fun, because I do. They don't make games the way they used to because in their perspective, it won't sell enough. It's a shame though that graphics and streamlining AND an intelligent, challenging, and complexity can't be melded together in a way that satisfies both sides.

Having said this, we're all allowed to have opinions here. I'm allowed to think that sometimes streamlining occurs at the expense of intelligent gameplay, and others are allowed to express the opinion that they feel it only improves it. None of us is a mod, so until one steps in and says "Hey, stop that" I'd say we can discuss whatever we want. As I've said elsewhere, "Your disagreement with someone's post does not equal their trolling."

Back to the topic, I'm a big fan of the movie The Thing, and would love to see a mod based on this, complete with yucky transformations and the sense of paranoia and distrust. It would be tough to pull off though. for tons of reasons, some related to scripting, meshes and textures and the complexity of said, others to storytelling). It wouldn't be far-fetched, though, because conceivably it could as likely end up on Nirn as our own earth like in the movie.

I might have to do a story....

• 2 years later...

1. Take assassin creed style freerunning and put it into skyrim. Run across trees and climb buildings.

Why would we never see this

• Requires remaking all the buildings and cities at the very least. It might require remaking the whole map just to make it work.
  • New animations so climbing and grabbing edges wouldn't look weird
  • Modifications to the games code so it could work in the first place.
  • Characters specs need to be edited. Larger jumps, being able to walk at a greater slop without slipping or acting like your running into a invisible wall, etc...
  • Then ontop of it you need to change the control scheme just to make it playable

Basically you would have to edit the organs of the game just to make it work