Custom helmet mesh disappears at low camera angles.

Seibetsu

it has to do with some properties that you can change in nifskope, I've had this problem before.
I cant currently open nifskope but it has to do with the unknown properties. not sure what each of them are but there should be a rollout menu for "unknown" either under the trishape or the material. there should be like 8 spaces and yours probably all say 0 when they should say like 2, .25, .75 ...
open up the baseball helmet in another instance of nifskope and just copy the same values it has.

Edited by xmushimasterx

• 4 weeks later...

I had a similar problem with a custom hat mesh I was working on. I loaded up a reference nif in outfit studio along with my nif. Then I clicked on my nif selected copy bone weights and build skin partitions. That seemed to fix the disappearing issue, I'm not sure if that's the same problem your having. Hope that helps.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Maybe someone stumbles across this topic like me. I had the same problem with the leaves of a tree disappearing from certain angles. In my case, it turned out that the scale of the mesh of the tree I was using was 10, because I had to bridge it through 3ds max to make it a *.nif. I fixed it by resetting the xform (under utilities tab of the command panel).

• 2 years later...

Don't mean to necro, but had a similar problem recently myself, with an edited helm. After nearly giving up, I accidentally learned while working on another mesh that the problem was the reference I used to weight in Outfit studio.

I tried using just the original helm as the reference weight that I copied, and the helmet would be invisible up close and reappear further away. Had the same thing happen to some gloves I edited. It seems to be an issue with things that are near the neck, ankles, and wrists, that require more references to weight? Just copying the original mesh doesn't seem to work.

I fixed it by loading the femalehead as the reference shape, copying bone weights onto the helmet from that, then importing another reference shape before exporting the helm, and copying those bone weights as well. I did same things with long bracers/gloves I was working on. Loaded the hands as reference, copied, then loaded the body as reference, and copied as well.