Voice Actors

KainSpice

I am currently working on the background of a major mod. The concept is structured and firm. I will need a number of voice actors of intermediate to high level of skill. If you have some good recording equipment, that would be awesome. However, I do not know if there are enough Voice Actors in the community to help, since I want a rather diverse number of people on the job so as to avoid too many characters having the same voice actor. The dialogue will be just simple one-line idle chatter for the most part, and having repetitive voice actors for that is not too bad. For my named characters, I cannot be so careless as to have more than two or three NPC's use the same voice actor.

Keep in mind; this is not a recruitment topic, I am merely trying to get an idea of how many VA's we have in the community.

Female Voice Actors are my primary concern since there aren't many that play games, no offense to any, but hey, it's the truth. I need at least ten Female VA's, but optimally, 20. (Probably barking up a wrong tree there.)

Male voice actors are hopefully going to be plentiful, I need at least fifteen, with an optimal amount being thirty.

If you are a voice actor, send a PM my way or put a post here with your gender, accent, age, past work, equipment, usual information you would provide for any VA "job".

EDIT: Also alert me if using curse words or voicing any characters with sexual lines or roles would make you uncomfortable so I can assign you a role that meets your comfort level.

Again, keep in mind, this is a bit of a head count for Voice Actors, I'm not going to start recruiting for a good while, but it should be by the end of next month, I'll keep you posted!

-Kain

Edited by KainSpice

I am an actor who has done a fair amount of voice work. You can listen to my stuff on Librivox here.

I am pretty good with various accents and voice types and take direction well. I've never voiced for a mod but am very interested.

Accent: Standard American (Pacific Northwest). Can do multiple dialects if needed.

I have access to a variety of recording options depending on your needs.

Feel free to send me a PM if you are interested.

I am! I actually have a character that needs voicing that is actually from that area. I'll listen to some of your work soon.

Also, I forgot to add to the main post. Alert me if using curse words or voicing any characters with sexual lines or roles would make you uncomfortable so I can assign you a role that meets your comfort level.

I've got a headset microphone with an okay voice output not professional by far. I have a bit of an Indian accent but living in California my voice prolly has some west coast in it. I'm a male aged 19 to give a sense of how my voice is. I really wouldn't recommend using my voice if it can be helped but I'm mostly postin to show my love for whatever project you got goin on.

And also if anyone has any friends/relatives that might be interested to lend their voices for the community that would be wootastic.

• 2 weeks later...