Low detail textures when I'm standing right there.

LivewareCascade

Something to try just for the heck of it. Move all the sliders to the right-full in the settings and see if that helps?

Unfortunately, they were all already there :(

Try lowering the overall settings from ultra high to high, or High to Medium. Watch for overheating as the GPU will start cutting back on its load if it gets to hot.

Nothing. :(

I tell you what, I sorted one of the problems out though - the trees. They were caused by a small change Vurts Fertile Wasteland made, and he released a compatibilty patch that fixed that particular issue. However, The rest, such as buildings, roads, pylons etc. still have poor LOD meshes. Not every one, mind, but enough that it's really annoying.

Solved mate, traced completely to vurts wasteland flora overhaul.

Great news, I think I had a lot of problems with Vurts tree and grass mods in Morrowind to. He's a very talented modder though.

• 5 months later...

I also use Vurts and had a lot of problems with stuttering, poorly rendered textures, etc and after adding a new CPU cooler (tower style) and ziptying a fan to my Radeon 5450 (doesn't come stock with a fan) things seem to have settled down considerably. Didn't cure 100% of the problems... it IS an Obsidian product after all... but it certainly made a big difference in the number of CTDs and drastic slowdowns I was experiencing and my game is HEAVILY modded and running at ultra..

Heat... especially CPU heat... is your enemy. The CPU cooling you get with most PC purchases and/or build kits is shall we say, "marginal at best" and games like this one are highly CPU intensive.

Edited by Nofsdad