Rough Face Textures - Mod Solution?

ReddMcKnight

I usually prefer simpler solutions, so I go with:

The "heads" pack:

IFT Improved Facial Textures;

OF F-Optimized Facegen Files by the_philanthropy;

Natural Faces by Maboroshi Daikon;

Elaborate Eyes, seldom this mod gives me horrible eyes, so I may use the simplified one.

Bodies:

Coronerras Maximum Compatibility Skeletons (prerequisite);

HG EyeCandy Body by RAIAR and Madcat221 with a "dreamy, but credible" setting: C cups chest, normal bottom, fighter hands(1). Dont' forget the fix for beast races(2);

RobertMaleBodyReplacerV52 with Belly/muscular bodies, hairy Orcs, less hairy humans-like species, hairless Seducer and Golden Saint;

Younger Hotter NPCs.

(1) I suggest to put everything together with your favorite settings to have a plain archive easy to install with wrye bash.

(2) I am not really sure Argonians are supposed to be mammals, but the "The Lusty Argonian Maid" lore is enough for me.

Edited by zdswulyx

I personally prefer OCO2 for humanoids, but there's also Oblivion Genetics Overhaul that's also really good.

Nothing else has actually "worked" so far. Not in that I didn't like it, but something kept going wrong with all the others. (What kind of Nord has blue skin??). I'll give this one a try and let you know if it works.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the help so far, for sure, but it's not like I'm technically good with PCs or anything for that matter, so it's likely I did something wrong. :P

Edited by ReddMcKnight

Thank you for informing me, Drake. I was not aware of that change. My post was meant to sound more like a question, too, because I was not sure. Thank you for the info. :sweat:

Apologies to L, helping others is great. I was just not... well... up to date. My bad. Sorry. :facepalm:

A Nord that is freezing has blue skin... ? :unsure: I do not think making Oblivion characters look acceptable has too much to do with computer skills. The sliders keep sliding all over the place: moving one of them causes all the rest to move, as well. Character creation is a sort of minigame itself. I only play Khajiit now, because I always failed miserably with human races, they all ended up being horrible abominations, and I even managed to make them look sort of plastic somehow. Good luck with your character creations. :thumbsup:

Thank you for informing me, Drake. I was not aware of that change. My post was meant to sound more like a question, too, because I was not sure. Thank you for the info. :sweat:

That's also exactly what I got from your post, thus I answered your question. It's (part of) what I'm here for. :thumbsup:

On topic, however, if the skin of a race looks completely different than it should when using a certain race/replacer mod, chances are good it's an installation mistake or mod conflict instead, not the mod not doing what it advertised.

For example, if Oblivion Genetics Overhaul works but OCO2 did not, that's rather surprising, because, as far as I know, the Genetics Overhaul works "on top of" OCO2 after all. Chances are it's replacing lot's of OCO2's resources with its own ones, thus also automatically fixing any installation mistakes with these resources previously the case after installing OCO2. But it's rather really unlikely that a mod "based on" OCO2 works and OCO2 itself does not, when "both" have been installed correctly.