CrzyFOOL'S Article...?

TroloWiseEared

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo, you can mess around with toasters but still no review??? :tongue:

I was making breakfast!! I HAD TOASTED DAEDROTH!!

I'm more curious about mobility in light armor. I've always played the most mobile style possible in any TES games. In Morrowind I was unarmored and used Conjured Armor (which was considered unarmored as well). In Oblivion I actually went purely unarmored (even used my shackles from my cell) so I could get 100% spell effectiveness and move the fastest possible: and then just enchanted all my armor with random elemental armor to get my DR to around 75%.

I'm more curious if there will be any reason to go unarmored in Skyrim, or if Light armor will offer all the advantages of being unarmored plus protection. So yeah, I'm more curious about any talents that boost mobility or allow you to maintain maximum mobility while wearing Light armor.

I'd love if the game had a good way to play unarmored, but I doubt that'll happen (unless Conjured armor is still in the game "and" has no armor type). We shall see...

Edited by stormguy85

Maybe just like Heavy armor has a hand-to-hand perk, Light armor could have an unarmored perk?

Big bonus to movement speed, spellcasting and a chance to dodge, but you cannot wear anything but armorless clothes.

I'm pretty sure spell effectiveness is out of the game. I haven't heard anything about it in any of the interviews or gameplay sessions. So yeah, the only difference in armor would be how slow you move, and how much stamina it requires to sprint. Possibly how fast your mana regenerates?

I'm going to play whatever gives me the most options while still being the fastest. So I'm not sure if I'll have to go unarmored, or if I can go Light armor.

Edited by stormguy85

Doesn't Dave care about those of us out there who have nothing else to look forward to in our lives? And his complete disregard for those of us with no perspective on life at all is just flabbergasting. What an arse.

Looking forward to the article, Dave. Thanks :)

I'm pretty sure spell effectiveness is out of the game. I haven't heard anything about it in any of the interviews or gameplay sessions. So yeah, the only difference in armor would be how slow you move, and how much stamina it requires to sprint. Possibly how fast your mana regenerates?

I'm going to play whatever gives me the most options while still being the fastest. So I'm not sure if I'll have to go unarmored, or if I can go Light armor.

Spell effectiveness MAY be cut but they can still give it the "armor degradation" treatment, ie, remove the penalty but give a bonus.

Its possible they could have a perk that boosts spellcasting whilst not wearing any armor even if under every other scenario the efficiency is flat. Just like your weapon never degrades but you can give it a boost through blacksmithing.