68 members have voted

1. 1. Preffered difficulty

• Novice
    • Apprentice
    • Adept ("Normal")
    • Expert
    • Master

When you die, your save deletes itself.

I would actually play like that unless I was very high level. Maybe that should be a price for novice, you can play easymode but you will loose your save if you somehow die

I actually wouldn't mind a self-deleting save. Hardcore roleplayers do that in mmo's all the time. It really mostly ends up making the game more immersive while you're alive; you feel much more alert, focused, and threatened by the enemies, and you feel more like you're in real danger. (you have to be really patient though) But enough about my sad life, lol.

I'd just probably impose a health regen limit for hardcore difficulties, and make traps more damaging. For example, if you run through a swinging axe you get insta-killed. In addition, potions would only be able to refill your health up to something like 30% or 40%; after that, you need to sleep to heal.

Hardcore mode is fun, but it encourages a very cautious playstyle that can get old fast. I enjoy fighting encounters that I have a high chance of failing to beat until I learn the encounter well. If I played hardcore in TES I'd always make sure I had a low chance of dying.

If I were to design a master difficulty I'd ramp up the damage extremely high, such that it only took a couple hits from a normal mob to kill the player. That's basically how I mod my TES games.

Hardcore mode is fun, but it encourages a very cautious playstyle that can get old fast. I enjoy fighting encounters that I have a high chance of failing to beat until I learn the encounter well. If I played hardcore in TES I'd always make sure I had a low chance of dying.

If I were to design a master difficulty I'd ramp up the damage extremely high, such that it only took a couple hits from a normal mob to kill the player. That's basically how I mod my TES games.

I agree but I would mod my damage to be the same as the NPCs. I want every player to be one or two bowshots or a few slashes from death. It encourages a player to sit and think before entering the battle because once he or she starts it, that player must do more than just run away.

I modded oblivion that way and it made going into places like rockmilk cave quite interesting because the minute they knew where you were you had to keep moving and try to dodge the arrows. It also makes invis potions worth using (think of that as like a time out).

So I guess I would mod it to play a little like a FPS. More about tactics than epic gear.