TroloWiseEared

68 members have voted

1. 1. Preffered difficulty

• Novice
    • Apprentice
    • Adept ("Normal")
    • Expert
    • Master

I always play on the hardest difficulty setting. Period. I am a bit of a masochist in that regard, but it's very satisfying.

Like how in New Vegas - how the Deathclaws could kill you with one melee attack even if you were at full health and wearing armor.... That was just awesome, and awesomely terrifying.

Or in Deus Ex Human Revolution, how if you are caught and fired at it only takes a couple of bullets to kill you.

Or in Crysis 2, how taking down the big machines takes f***ing FOREVER on the hardest difficulty setting.

So yeah... I hope the Dragons are flying Deathclaws. If, on Very Hard, the Dragons don't kill you instantly with one melee attack... Hello Mod. :P

MASTER

-----------------

*More Enemies with Poison equiped on blades/Arrows.

*Increase Trap Damage & speed.

*20% higher risk of disease on ALL disease carrying creatures.

*HP through potions can only heal 40%

*HP through timed regen can only heal 75%

*Disposition of all NPCS is lowered by 10%

*Racial Negative disposition (to player) is multiplied by 2 ...(Basically treated like you were in Morrowind

*Merchants buy& sell at a much higher price.

*Guards do NOT level with you.

*Cold exposure damage is multiplied by 1.5% & increases with inclement weather

*ALL humanoids can use Race specific power in combat.

*Lowered base starting stats

*A.I. combat reaction time is increased.

*Damage <FROM ALL PEOPLE/CREATURES> is multiplied by 2.5%

(Meaning No one has the advantage of the damage multiplyer & npc health is unaltered )

This basically just makes combat faster & even more lethal than before, & noone is a meat shield.

Master.

yarrr!

I would like enemies to do more damage while not being damage sponges themselves.

I would also really like to see the settings able to be altered based on a percentage ranging from say 50%-200%

For example I would like to be able to set everything like so:

Damage done to enemies ------ 100%

Damage taken from enemies ---150%

Gold earned from enemies-------50%

XP earned from enemies---------50%

etc.

It would be nice to be able to customize the difficulty settings like that i think.

I'm torn on what to pick. I want to play "hardcore" in the sense that if I die, I have to restart. But I also don't want gameplay that requires me to use broken mechanics to beat it (like oblivion on full slider right).

So giving the fact that I cannot die, I will probably play on expert. This seems to give me the best balance of challenge without getting gimped because I didn't play perfectly. I just hope it doesn't become too easy.

Edited by Bazy

Now, now. Dragons SHOULD be able to one hit kill you ANYWAY (unless you're armed and armored lika a MOFO) except maybe at the lowest difficulty level. Else, they would lose all their importance.

Picture this: you're strolling happily on a field, and then a dragon snatches you up in one fell swoop and drops you on the rocks after a 100 feet fall. do you really expect to survive? That's not even heroic fantasy here: it's Marvel comics :D

As much as I hate the buggers, a Dragon should be a creature which strikes utter terror, and should be made accordingly.

As for my idea of Master difficulty, here goes:

-Higher damage threshold for mobs (like 150% more)

-Higher health for mobs (make it double)

-Damage resistance kicking in (10%, not more.)

-Higher level spells and abilities, with access to perks (imagine an enemy conjurer disintegrating you with a lightning storm)

I wouldn't nerf the player's abilities though: it always struck me as unfair.

I don't think this kind of game would be fun with very difficult fights, I mean, this is an immersion game, where lore is more important than overall strategy/perfection, on top of that you play as some kind of shouting demi-god, i'ts normal that you have close to no difficulty in most fights, imo

on the other hand, some fights must be above than the average difficulty if you want the game to be at least slightly challenging i.e. fun

-Higher health for mobs (make it double)

Could not disapprove more, changing the total health totally ruins it, maybe the damage threshold, running speed, special moves, overall strategy, but no way, not health, using twice the amount of arrows (ammunitions, for instance)

unbalances the game. a mob with double the health it's supposed to get isnt more difficult, it's just WAY more BORING and irrealistic. That would totally ruin it for me

yes so please refrain from comments about health bars. We have that down now.

I will be updating the top page with all ideas i collect from you guys in hopes Bethesda or a Mod sees this.

Remember, its too late to change anything drastically, but Beth has included automatic updates with Skyrim,

Meaning they can change anything, at anytime, while your playing.

I agree but I would mod my damage to be the same as the NPCs. I want every player to be one or two bowshots or a few slashes from death. It encourages a player to sit and think before entering the battle because once he or she starts it, that player must do more than just run away.

Good Idea, you would have liked Thief : the dark project - Garett was not intended to be a one man army, he was a master thief. So you had to really use your head, and your supplies weren't unlimited you only had a few arrows, a blackjack, a sword and a few useful gadgets to get past your foes. The first two Thief games were just awesome. ..I heard Edios-Montreal are coming out with Thief 4 - which they have given the moronic title - Thi4f.

Edited by shadow_scale9180