Mods just stopped working

loregothe

Ok this is a bit of a long story I will try to condense as small as possible.

Win 7 64

1)Reinstalled Fallout 3 because I wanted to replay it. (installed to alternate location with no admin problems)

2)installed DLC (both by GFWL and Manually) which did not work, so I tried FOMM/FOSE wich also did not work. Fallout 3 runs flawlessly, just no mods.

3) Installed FWE through FOMM

4) It WORKED. Yeah.. FWE and DLC all worked. Played all day yesterday. In and out of game several times.

5) Shut machine down for night

6) Start up Fallout 3 today, load save, says "not all content is present" something to that effect. Load anyway, no mods, not FWE not DLC

8) exit and toggle archive, and a few other settings in FOMM. No Joy.

I got nothing. Worked like a champ yesterday, now it loads exactly 0 mods for no apparent reason.

Help?

Ok This is freaky. would like plausible explanation. Plugged in my portable hard drive, and the mods work. Nothing at all is stored on that drive, no mods or programs were ever on in or installed to or from it. No ini files point to it at all. No possible clue what windows is reading from that drive that makes this work.

Ok This is freaky. would like plausible explanation. Plugged in my portable hard drive, and the mods work. Nothing at all is stored on that drive, no mods or programs were ever on in or installed to or from it. No ini files point to it at all. No possible clue what windows is reading from that drive that makes this work.

And plugging in that drive is not rearranging your drive letters in any way..?