Touching a mod breaks it.

LoginToDownload

Alright... A certain mod works fine. If I tweak it in the CS in any way, OBSE version or otherwise, it crashes the game before entering the title screen. This includes duplicating it and working off the duplicate, or the original. Even if I change it right back, and the change really shouldn't be a problem in the first place, it still crashes. Note that, loading up the file in any state does give a "Script " in FileName has not compiled" warning, but this wasn't a problem before patching, and the crashing persists after individually compiling (Add a comment, save, remove comment, save) every script/quest stage until the warning vanished altogether.

This started upon patching from 1.2.0414 (I think that was it) to 1.2.0416, and I have no idea what could be causing it... Any help? Is it doomed? Reinstall and only patch to 1.2.0414?

Alright... A certain mod works fine. If I tweak it in the CS in any way, OBSE version or otherwise, it crashes the game before entering the title screen. This includes duplicating it and working off the duplicate, or the original. Even if I change it right back, and the change really shouldn't be a problem in the first place, it still crashes. Note that, loading up the file in any state does give a "Script " in FileName has not compiled" warning, but this wasn't a problem before patching, and the crashing persists after individually compiling (Add a comment, save, remove comment, save) every script/quest stage until the warning vanished altogether.

This started upon patching from 1.2.0414 (I think that was it) to 1.2.0416, and I have no idea what could be causing it... Any help? Is it doomed? Reinstall and only patch to 1.2.0414?

One possibility is that the saving, or even working with a copy, changes the load order which screws up something else which causes the crash. The mod in question may just simply be a bad mod, or incompatable with 1.2.0416. You may have even done something to it before, and not remember what. Typically scripts don't have any problem compiling unless there is something wrong with the script. You're using OBSE, so the error may not be getting caught.

Archived