Extremely Bad News for PC users who live ahead of PST timezone.

bkmorton

Just had an email from Game who are sending me my collectors edition and apparently they are being shipped to arrive on the launch day so I am guessing there will not be much time to get the game installed and ready before the massed requests to Steam for activation. It is going to be interesting to see how Steam handle the most anticipated game of the year in regards to the sheer volume of people trying to activate and/or download their copy :)

A few hours here or there will not really worry me although I had arranged for the 11-11-11 to be a day totally devoted to getting to see Skyrim and losing the next few weeks and maybe months playing it . I have even ordered a new purple gaming chair for the total gaming experience.. :)

19 hours is not a few, for me. :P *chuckles*

A couple of hours.... Sure. But 19 will be PAINFUL. :P

The fact it will be November 11th for me, the fact that console players all across Australia will be playing it but PC gamers will be screwed over, the fact that for all intents and purposes I SHOULD have access to the game.... Will make the wait all through the day and evening until 7pm all the more difficult.

I think it has been established by now I am ludicrously fanatical TES gamer. *grins*

I haven't, nor won't, be buying CoD or Battlefield., for example. I dislike those type of games, they bore me. Give me an RPG any day, and a Bethesda one beyond all others. I was SO anticipating getting this game at midnight and playing it for 24/7 pumped up on caffeine, lol. And now,,.now I will have to endure 19 painful hours before I can delve in,

f*** it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping that in the time before I get to play I don't accidentally come across any spoilers that were not forewarned... that or the devil on my shoulder willing me to look at spoilers and game player's accounts of their play.

I have taken a week off work (Starting on the Friday),

Just ask your manager/boss/supervisor on Monday to cancel your leave for that Friday. They're able to do that in case you didn't know.

I'd also suggest flying off the handle at people who point out things isn't a very smart idea. There was no way of knowing that you were posting an 'excerpt' and the snide attitude is uncalled for. It isn't his fault that you won't be able to play Skyrim earlier on Friday.

I'd also highly advise against buying the Xbox version. Not only will it ruin your first playthrough/vista/experience but it'll be a waste of $100 for a disc you are only going to use for one day.

As for what to do if you choose not to go back to work for that Friday, go down to Bondi or up to Manly. You live in Sydney, there is plenty to do.

Edited by Lingwei