Skyrim Island

gahnzz

I was looking at the map last night and noticed there are quite a few landmasses off the northern coast of skyrim. AFAIK in previous games, any islands were reachable but those tended to be in the center of large lakes and not islands in an ocean. Does anyone suppose there would be content out there to start with? If not, it strikes me as an ideal place for modders to do stuff...

I hope for constantly or patterned changing maps.

Icebergs sink & reamerge.

Ships dock & leave.

Snow over cave entrances melts and forms.

-

making content and adventures appear & dissapear in places is quite a nifty experience.

-

as per you post, i am most certain bethesda are going to make that area much more desolate & less content filled.

seeing as thhe remainder of Skyrim is jamm packed with stuff, it can actually be a nice but dark change of atmosphere to find yourself stranded in the middle of nowhere, with darkness setting in. and the Volkihair vampires under the ice.....

I hope for constantly or patterned changing maps.

Icebergs sink & reamerge.

Ships dock & leave.

Snow over cave entrances melts and forms.

-

making content and adventures appear & dissapear in places is quite a nifty experience.

-

as per you post, i am most certain bethesda are going to make that area much more desolate & less content filled.

seeing as thhe remainder of Skyrim is jamm packed with stuff, it can actually be a nice but dark change of atmosphere to find yourself stranded in the middle of nowhere, with darkness setting in. and the Volkihair vampires under the ice.....

I like those ideas. They most likely won't be in the game but modders maybe can do work.

Well I've seen a screen shot of an area that seems to be what your referring to.

http://bnbgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/news_newskyrim6.jpg

If I had to guess I would say there will probably be some content in out of the way areas, but not as much as the center/primary area. Personally I perfer to have more quests and such consentrated sligher more in certain areas like cities. I feel like it adds depth to the game and keeps it intresting.