Hey all you techies!

ClarityNightfall

Will my computer be able to run skyrim well or just average? I'd really like to know so i can know what to expect. Thank you guys ^.^

(if i need anymore info plz tell me and i can get it!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Model G74Sx

Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM

System type 64-bit operating system

Number of processor cores 4

Storage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 907 GB

Disk partition (C:) 259 GB Free (441 GB Total)

Disk partition (D:) 224 GB Free (233 GB Total)

Disk partition (E:) 21 GB Free (233 GB Total)

Media drive (F:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

Total available graphics memory 4095 MB

Dedicated graphics memory 2048 MB

Dedicated system memory 0 MB

Shared system memory 2047 MB

Display adapter driver version 8.17.12.6837

Primary monitor resolution 1360x768

DirectX version DirectX 10

I thought it was common forum knowledge/courtesy to search before you post... the OP would have found many threads to post in. Oh well. Edited by natelovesyou

Will my computer be able to run skyrim well or just average? I'd really like to know so i can know what to expect. Thank you guys ^.^

(if i need anymore info plz tell me and i can get it!)

Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Model G74Sx

Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM

System type 64-bit operating system

Storage

Total size of hard disk(s) 907 GB

Disk partition (C:) 259 GB Free (441 GB Total)

Disk partition (D:) 224 GB Free (233 GB Total)

Disk partition (E:) 21 GB Free (233 GB Total)

Media drive (F:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Total available graphics memory 4095 MB

Dedicated graphics memory 2048 MB

Dedicated system memory 0 MB

Shared system memory 2047 MB

Display adapter driver version 8.17.12.6837

Primary monitor resolution 1360x768

DirectX version DirectX 10

It kinda depends on core speed. With all the the specs you showed I would guess that you can probably run it on ultra just fine. :thumbsup:

Model G74Sx

ehh. You spent near 2,000$ on a laptop.. :teehee:

btw the first google link on about your laptop answered your question :P

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2392361,00.asp

The real draw of the G74SX-A2, however, is gaming and it doesn't disappoint. Equipped with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M GPU (3GB), the G74SX-A2 has plenty of muscle to flex. In our general graphics benchmark, 3DMark 2006, it scored 16,970 points at medium resolution and detail settings, and 12,135 at full 1080p and anti-aliasing settings. It topped both previous Asus gaming rigs, but fell behind the Editors' Choice Alienware M17X (20,097 medium, 15,845 high) and the dual-GPU hex-core AVADirect Clevo X7200 (22,559 medium, 19,421 high). Applied to actual games, the Asus G74SX-A2 tore through our tests with ease. In Crysis (DirectX 10), it pumped out 81.9 frames per second (fps) at medium settings and 13.2 fps with the settings dialed up to 1080p. In Lost Planet 2 (DirectX 9), the Asus G74SX-A2 produced frame rates of 82.5fps at medium settings and 30.6 at native resolution. With scores like these, you should be set regardless of what game you want to play—so long as you keep the higher-end games at medium settings.

I thought it was common forum knowledge/courtesy to search before you post... the OP would have found many threads to post in. Oh well.

meh its the general discussion forums of a game that hasn't been released yet... there's nothing of worth being posted on this discussion for this thread to push back a page. He probably just would have had a better shot a timely response on the computer thread, or even google for that matter lol

Edited by Alistat