Fallout Online?

TheeChosenOne

20 members have voted

1. 1. what will you do?

• Its worthless not playing.
    • Sounds awesome im playing!
    • Meh might check it out.....

I play single player games and that's not something that is going to change after seeing what online gaming is like -I don't want random players to cramp my style. Besides there is the question of subscribing to a fee and spending too much time online.

I havent seen any details on the engine. Source?

Their forum under "Project V13"

It gives some information on the engine and s***. Going to be entirely third person and will be the exact same engine as some space mmo.

Everything said below will be based off the below topic.

http://www.interplay.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5321&start=0

Its safe to assuming the following...

1. Perm death is not in, but a serious penalty will happen. I would prefer perm death, but okay.

2. Its going to be in 3rd person based on the engine choice. A terrible choice. Not just 3rd person, but the engine as a whole looks bad.

3. PVP will require player consent, so something of a arena. People are going to rage at me for saying this, but PVP should not require consent. Sorry, but its fallout. Your in a dangerous world. They have announced on making player cities with guards and such, why not allow free pvp? This is the thing that really pisses me off honestly. Fallout online should not be another quest raiding co-op mmo.

4. They said they were going to base it off WoW a bit. Just read the thing about WoW, you will want to shoot the guy.

5. To be more specific, it is using the earthrise engine. This is because masthead is working with interplay to make fallout online.

Video here on what the engine is, looks too much like your average mmo.

A few things look good in it like the map size, player created towns, and some other stuff. The engine choice and lack of pvp kills it for me.

Edited by marharth

I thought they would make pvp totally free, but starting from a definited level. Like, when you reach lvl 10, you´re fair game.

Also, last notice i had bout the 3º-1º person debate was that they hadnt reached a conclusion.

About the WOW thing, you kind of misread that. He said that very few developers dont know WOW, and that every person in that sector should know how does WOW work, not that they´re basing their game on it, not even a bit. Maybe they´ll do it anyway, but at least they havent said it here.

I personally would play it if it was a f2p, or maybe even guild wars type (cant come up with the name. Well, you buy the game once, and thats it.)