Companions - Immortal vs Unconscious

gahnzz

Immortal vs Unconscious  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• I prefer my companions to be immortal - regardless of situation.
    • I prefer the risk of companions dying - helps with immersion.
    • When they drop in battle, they stay down until combat over (a la Mass Effect)

I like them being immortal only because the AI is far from perfect. How is it my fault if a companion goes running headfirst into a giant gets killed in 1 hit?

This is why I don't like to even have them. In FO3 at least they would tear across the wasteland after something I had not even seen and that had not seen me. They are no fun to have around and I don't want any. If your going to have them then why no co-op? It should be SINGLE player all the way.

I would love a good two player co-op added into skyrim. But of course it's most likely impossble. But if it is added in and goes well I am probably gonna be hooked to skyrim 24/7 playing with my brother.

I'd prefer 2 for immersion, but I hated it when in Kvatch guards/companions were killed by daedra while I was in the middle of the battle and couldn't babysit them, so I voted 3 (mass effect style). Hint hint modders :)

Mass Effect system is the best. I don't have to babysit them and quick save every 2 seconds because they can't kill themselves in any permanent sense with their own stupidity. Also they don't rise from the dead every 15 seconds making them overpowered in a combat situation as a distraction or a means of killing enemies while you hide like a chicken s***.