What archetype will you focus on?

jparish100

Skyrim Archetype Poll  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What archetype will you focus on

I play stealthily for three reasons:

A) It's extremely fun, and rare among games

B) I've wanted an open-ended stealth game since 2006, and Oblivion almost fulfilled that

C) I'm actually quite interested in botanical stuff and stealth/archery in real life (though, fortunately, not assassinating people, lol)

I'm yet another jack of all trades - probably because I tend to "drive according to the road conditions".

1. I use spells for tricky situations such as indirect fire (you can't see them but you know they're there - so you plot and execute a fire pattern in a given area using fireballs, frost, lightning, & entorpy), long underwater journeys, getting home when overloaded, healing and healing others, seeing in total darkness without drawing undue attention, forging weapons with special attributes, - not to mention gaining the pleasurable silence of hostile mages, etc

2. I use a bow for any ranged direct fire and, using stealth, I will generally favour this technique against seasoned troops in confined spaces (e.g. the company of Dunmer in the Mehrune's Dagger quest). However, I also use a stealthy blade under these conditions if a clear shot on my prey is unviable or if there is more than one at very close quarters and I cannot afford the time to change weapons after the shot.

3. When in open melee at close quarters, I favour light armour and a blade somewhere between a gladius (short sword) and a spatha (long sword) in balance (speed, weight, and reach) which I combine with a shield using the legion technique of push-block-strike. However, because I have no-one to lock shields with, combat in open spaces dictates the barbarian style of dancing out of the way of an incoming strike and back in to return the favour. This does not work so well with a short sword - but I think that the different dynamics of the two techniques allows for a very effective balance point.

As you can see, I use all three skill groups quite extensively. I prefer common classes such as fletchers, smiths, commoners, peasants, serfs, miners, farmers, woodsmen, bakers, furriers, masons, etc., because it raises the challenge early in the game which tends to iron out any kinks in technique. Best of all, the common classes tend to progress slowly enough through the levels to savour every aspect of each level. I usually play a silver-smith or a "mystic smith" on the path to crafting some very special items.

[EDIT]The class of sword I'm thinking of, which is half-way between the short sword (60cm blade, 700g or 9 triens in weight) and the long sword (90cm blade, 1500g or 19 triens in weight) is generally called the arming sword and usually sports a 75cm blade and weighs in at 1100g or 14 triens.[/EDIT]

Edited by RealmEleven

I guess I will focus firstly as a warrior, since it is the archetype I prefer. I will probably go with an ordinary sword and shield combination and then create a character with a type of dual wielding with axes...because it's cool. When I'm satisfied with my warriors I will most likely proceed with stealth characters and then mage characters; I tend to not like playing as a mage archetype since I pretty much rush into combat and mince everything to meat....so mages are too fragile for me (unless I create a warrior/mage hybrid; which I will totally try out.) This is my plan for Skyrim, however the plan might change as I go. :thumbsup:

I'm going for a Warrior, almost pure warrior. I want heavy armor, a huge polearm/axe with good reach and the ability to smash the living crap out of anything. I know I need some form of weapon/spell for pulling enemies, I'd like to go without magic or bows and just have a few throwing axes. We know very little of the game, but rest assured I will be maxing out a few characters to level 70 to see how it works out, I hate rogues/thiefs with a passion but with a guild setting me tasks I can't resist making one at some point (Believe a Dev did say the mathematical roof for advantageous levels was 70).

Warrior/stealth for me, maybe with a teeny bit of magic for support...but I'll mostly be using shouts in that department. Snipe from a distance, then charge with sword and shield. ;)

Dunmer sorcerer (heavy armor and magic) all the way.

That 75% fire resistance (assuming it is still in) will come in really handy against those dragons. :thumbsup:

Edited by IndorilTheGreat

Dunmer sorcerer (heavy armor and magic) all the way.

That 75% fire resistance (assuming it is still in) will come in really handy against those dragons. :thumbsup:

Except against the frost dragons :ohdear:

As for me I want to use my magic to make things that I can hack and slash with...so a warrior mage combo...but his defense probably wont be so hot, so he'll be making use of some stealth to gain some more advantage.