Still no Perk Tree information!?!?

stormguy85

I guess what I don't get is what you're going to do with these Perk Trees without being able to play the game for the next 10 days? I doubt that there will be a wrong way to pick Perks. And even if you had a complete list you never really know what Perks are going to be the most fun until you can actually use them. I really enjoyed Alchemy in Oblivion but I don't feel the need to see a complete list of every Ingredient in the game. Why do you want to see all of the skill Perks?

I guess what I don't get is what you're going to do with these Perk Trees without being able to play the game for the next 10 days? I doubt that there will be a wrong way to pick Perks. And even if you had a complete list you never really know what Perks are going to be the most fun until you can actually use them. I really enjoyed Alchemy in Oblivion but I don't feel the need to see a complete list of every Ingredient in the game. Why do you want to see all of the skill Perks?

Pretty sure none of us "Need" information about the game: and yet everyone on this forum wants information. Why are you singling me out? How can you even pretend you don't fall in the same category?

I have a certain playstyle in mind that I plan to play, but if the game doesn't allow it I plan to decide on something else. The more time I can save myself and the more time I can focus on playing a specific way... It is a pretty simple idea.

There are two primary reasons for releasing information before your product. 1) Getting new people excited about your game so you can expand your user base. 2) Giving previous fans a more polished product with new features.

I fall into category 2. Somehow I doubt I'm alone in this on these forums.

For one, look up the word trolling. What a misunderstood and abused word. How hypocritical of you to tell me what I'm doing when I'm not trolling, after you had said I'm doing the same thing. I wasn't. "Stop pretending I am expressing something in a way other then what I am." What I was, however, was angry since that was your first and only reply to him, "Any Light Armor or 2-Handed skills?" - I don't need to pretend at all when your thread is asking for info, some info is given, and that is your reply to it.

Anyway. The skills thread that I created is the most complete list I have seen on the internet as far as I'm aware, but sadly it's not even half complete. But what can we do? Perhaps if you know of a few Twitter accounts for some journalists you could ask them to shoot you an email after looking up the perks. I'm not sure how likely they are to help a stranger/fellow fan though, sadly.

Yeah, people are curious about lots of aspects of this game. And folks also like to speculate about all the unknown parts too. I just thought it was a little odd that you seemed to be incensed or outraged or something that Bethesda hasn't released a complete list of every Perk in the game. Why would you think they were obligated to do this? They released lots of info on lots of the Perks already. I don't think they want to release all of the info on all of the Perks. I think they'd rather have the fans discover them when they actually play the game.

For one, look up the word trolling.

A troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

What a misunderstood and abused word. How hypocritical of you to tell me what I'm doing when I'm not trolling, after you had said I'm doing the same thing. I wasn't. "Stop pretending I am expressing something in a way other then what I am." What I was, however, was angry since that was your first and only reply to him, "Any Light Armor or 2-Handed skills?" - I don't need to pretend at all when your thread is asking for info, some info is given, and that is your reply to it.

Hypocritical? Look up the word...

And I assumed your post was you being angry: which it was. So I don't see how I was wrong. You're upset over something I didn't do and then using inflammatory posts to provoke an emotional response out of me and disrupting my discussion. Nothing you have added here is even remotely constructive.

Anyway. The skills thread that I created is the most complete list I have seen on the internet as far as I'm aware, but sadly it's not even half complete. But what can we do? Perhaps if you know of a few Twitter accounts for some journalists you could ask them to shoot you an email after looking up the perks. I'm not sure how likely they are to help a stranger/fellow fan though, sadly.

So link to your thread in a constructive manner instead of getting upset at me for writing a simple response to someone who was nice enough to actually reply in an on-topic manner to my thread. I suppose I could have fluffed up my post with more information, but there was nothing rude or insensitive in my post: it was simply short and to the point. He obviously has access to a resource I don't and I was curious if he knew anything else.

I'm not even going to bother bantering back and forth like this, any contribution I offer despite the bantering will likely be ignored. But nonetheless:

So link to your thread in a constructive manner instead of getting upset at me for writing a simple response to someone who was nice enough to actually reply in an on-topic manner to my thread. I suppose I could have fluffed up my post with more information, but there was nothing rude or insensitive in my post: it was simply short and to the point. He obviously has access to a resource I don't and I was curious if he knew anything else.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/452246-still-no-perk-tree-information/page__view__findpost__p__3746384

First page, 8th comment, posted only an hour and a half after you created the topic.

Now that the Xbox version is widely pirated (it was on private trackers yesterday, now its on public ones), we can at least expect the missing perks and all that to come to light pretty quickly.

In fact this will require considerable self control as Wikis are likely to fill up with game info before the 11th. 10 days is a long time.

Edited by Valamyr

Now that the Xbox version is widely pirated (it was on private trackers yesterday, now its on public ones), we can at least expect the missing perks and all that to come to light pretty quickly.

:wallbash:

gee, I wonder who let that slip. I hope there is a circle in hell reserved for them. :verymad:

Edited by shadow_scale9180

In fact this will require considerable self control as Wikis are likely to fill up with game info before the 11th. 10 days is a long time.

No no why? Why do they pirate the games? That costs Bethesda money and it's the only game developer that MUST not shut down!!!

If Skyrim undersells the risk of shut down increases! :mad: :wallbash:

Apparently these are the Light armor ones and its a full list. Im a bit underwhelmed but hey.

agile defender 5 ranks

increase armor rating for Light armor by 20%

custom fit

25% armor bonus if wearing all light armor: head, chest, hands, feet

unhindered

light armor weighs nothing and doesn't slow you down when worn

wind walker

stamina regenerates 50% faster in all light armor: head, chest, hands, feet.

deft movement

10% chance of avoiding all damage from a melee attack while wearing all light armor: head, chest, hands, feet.

matching set

additional 25% armor bonus if wearing a matched set of light armor