Dual Wielding Speed

fisban0

Well, see here: Instead of complaining about blocking, maybe you just move out of the way. Who stands in one spot when fighting?

I reckon they'd have a substitute of some sort of course, maybe if you press a parry button at the right moment or mabe you can dodge or something, but really just move out of the way and play carefully.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then don't dual wield. It's really easy. Or, complain...also an option. Or mod it out and become OP...it's a single player game, what do I care?

If you don't care go elsewhere? Why are you even posting in this thread.

Because just like you, I have an opinion and have the right to say it. Why are you even posting in this thread if you'll just complain? It's the complaining about the "balancing" that I mind, but if you mod the game and make dual wielding super strong...then have it your way, it's not my game...so I don't care about that. Have at it.

It's balanced, not stupid. There is a balance between all the options...when you choose to dual-wield, you sacrifice the ability to block. If you can't help but complain, then use a shield. If we could dual wield AND block, then it would be an overpowered option and be the best one at that. It's like saying dual-wielding the flamethrower spell is stupid...that's an opinion, and hardly a viable one at that. It's the player's choice, leave it up to them. And leave it up to Bethesda to decide what's balanced, I completely agree with their decision to not be able to block with two weapons. Balance.

I highly disagree. In order to have a feasible build with no defense, you either have to make the fights easy enough for someone to just overwhelm through sheer force, giving the enemy no chance to attack, or you have to leave a deeply flawed build in the game that is dependent on item use for survival (now that I think about it, not even magic makes up for it since you can't use magic while dual-wielding). Full on 100% damage blocking that you can turtle up with the same as a shield? Unbalanced. Timed parries that are effective in melee when used properly but useless against ranged attacks? Balanced. Trade blows like a couple of middle school boys and hope his health bar runs out before yours? Stupid.

This is not a matter of balance, and as loathe as I am to bring it up because of the off topic flame wars it can spawn, if I had to name a reason that this happened, I'd probably say that limited buttons on a console controller had something to do with it. Also... leave it up to Bethesda to decide what's balanced? Really? How many people on this site play vanilla Morrowind or Oblivion? This site exists in part because Bethesda makes flawed masterpieces. Emphasis on "flawed."

Then don't dual wield. It's really easy. Or, complain...also an option. Or mod it out and become OP...it's a single player game, what do I care?

Because just like you, I have an opinion and have the right to say it. Why are you even posting in this thread if you'll just complain? It's the complaining about the "balancing" that I mind, but if you mod the game and make dual wielding super strong...then have it your way, it's not my game...so I don't care about that. Have at it.

Im posting here because I care about dual wielding and I feel as though defenseless fighting makes for boring gameplay. You are here to voice your opinion and have done nothing but disagree with people and give no valid reasons for your stance.

If you were to disagree and provide constructive arguments that is all well and good but from what I have seen so far your stance is "Nah you're wrong, but im not going to argue because i dont care." Makes me wonder why you are here that is all.

Just think a sneak attack with two swords. That's x12 damage. So if your swords do 10 damage each (maybe two of the same type) then you do 10x6 + 10x6 = 120 damage. Or else insta-kill!! That's the only reason I'll dual wield. Or maybe in combination with some paralyzing spell / shout. I too think it's for balancing reasons that you can't block. If they wanted they would have found a way to do it. Add blocking to dual wield. Remove simultaneous attack with both swords and add block when you press both buttons at once.

Well, see here: Instead of complaining about blocking, maybe you just move out of the way. Who stands in one spot when fighting?

I reckon they'd have a substitute of some sort of course, maybe if you press a parry button at the right moment or mabe you can dodge or something, but really just move out of the way and play carefully.

If dodging is an effective strategy in the game, then that's fine. Have you seen evidence that this is the case? Because in Oblivion, many of the attacks were not the sort that could be dodged without an actual dodge mechanic, which the game lacked. A simple double tap quick step like you see in other games would be sufficient. I still maintain that a timed parry that is ineffective against ranged attacks would be well within balance and far superior to (not to mention more fun than ) mainlining health potions to stay alive.

I think we have no choice but to leave up the balancing to Bethesda at this point. And for console players, they have no choice. But I already know I'll be putting in some combat mods, I know the combat will be too similar to Oblivion due to having read a lot of previews and seen the videos. Bethesda, like all developers, don't admit their faults about a game when it's just coming out...if ever about some things. I don't think they ever admit that Oblivion's combat was rather inane. So, I am open to the chance that it's not a balance issue, it's because of the stupid consoles. It's an irritating thought that so many things are held back or cut because of it, too. But, at this moment I can't think of ways to make the sword and shield, magic, and two-hander or bow more powerful to catch up to dual wielding if one could block. Unless the damage was just ramped up, or the dual-wielding option was a weak on.

Also, though I don't know all the details of what's for sure on this, but I thought we can dodge without a shield. Also, previews have mentioned that melee combat in Skyrim requires a lot more timing instead of the dull whacking style of TES4.

It's balanced, not stupid. There is a balance between all the options...when you choose to dual-wield, you sacrifice the ability to block. If you can't help but complain, then use a shield. If we could dual wield AND block, then it would be an overpowered option and be the best one at that. It's like saying dual-wielding the flamethrower spell is stupid...that's an opinion, and hardly a viable one at that. It's the player's choice, leave it up to them. And leave it up to Bethesda to decide what's balanced, I completely agree with their decision to not be able to block with two weapons. Balance.

I highly disagree. In order to have a feasible build with no defense, you either have to make the fights easy enough for someone to just overwhelm through sheer force, giving the enemy no chance to attack, or you have to leave a deeply flawed build in the game that is dependent on item use for survival (now that I think about it, not even magic makes up for it since you can't use magic while dual-wielding). Full on 100% damage blocking that you can turtle up with the same as a shield? Unbalanced. Timed parries that are effective in melee when used properly but useless against ranged attacks? Balanced. Trade blows like a couple of middle school boys and hope his health bar runs out before yours? Stupid.

This is not a matter of balance, and as loathe as I am to bring it up because of the off topic flame wars it can spawn, if I had to name a reason that this happened, I'd probably say that limited buttons on a console controller had something to do with it. Also... leave it up to Bethesda to decide what's balanced? Really? How many people on this site play vanilla Morrowind or Oblivion? This site exists in part because Bethesda makes flawed masterpieces. Emphasis on "flawed."

i Highly Disagree with you your saying that it'd make the enemies weaker is the only reason they could have put duel wielding into the game

but that doesn't make sense if dual wielding means your by far superior to your enemy but then you have no defence option what about a character with, a two handed weapon?

they by far are the most undefensive class you could be they're slow on the attack which leaves them completely open for attack when there just sitting there waiting to swing there two handed weapon again, so in truth all classes will have there pros and cons when it come's to offense/defence.

Im posting here because I care about dual wielding and I feel as though defenseless fighting makes for boring gameplay. You are here to voice your opinion and have done nothing but disagree with people and give no valid reasons for your stance.

If you were to disagree and provide constructive arguments that is all well and good but from what I have seen so far your stance is "Nah you're wrong, but im not going to argue because i dont care." Makes me wonder why you are here that is all.

I don't think you've read all my posts all the way, judging by the fact that you accuse me of "doing nothing but disagreeing with people with no valid given reason". I have been making valid arguments, just as valid as yours. And the ONLY THING I said I don't care about is IF a person mods the game to change what they didn't like. Was that not clear?

Edited by natelovesyou