ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Persuasion broken, help please!

Broyston

I am hoping someone here can help me, I have only just started using mods, yes, I know, this game has been out for 5 years and Skyrim is out next week, but I thought I would get back into the TES swing of things and see what all this mod fuss is about. The mods are great (UL and Better cities particularly..) but I can no longer use the persausion mini game. For every NPC is just says dispostion maxed, and I can't click anything. I tried to install Persuasion Overhaul but this has no effect, in fact the Persaude dialogue option is not activated even after installing this mod and putting it last in the load order. From the list of mods below can anybody spot one that might have disabled the persuasion mode?

All DLC

SI

Unofficial patches plus supplemental

Cobl

Fran's

Kvatch Rebuilt

Better Cities

Natural Weather

Natural Habitat

Phinix waterfix

Louder nirnroot

Better rainbows

Cities alive at night

Window lighting system

Alive waters

Dangerous waters

Robes over

RAEVWD

Reznod mannequin

All capes clothes etc

Sutch reborn

Cyrodiil Travel Services

Reclaim sancre Tor

DC Villages

UL

ImpeReal Forts

Natural Vegetation

Harvest Flora

Key Chain

Darnfied UI

Retroactive health

Quest award leveller

Toggleable quantity

Supreme Magicka

Direnni Alchemy

Skill Diary

Lost Spires

Detailed Terrain

Animated Window lighting system

Any help much appreciated!!!!!!

For every NPC is just says disposition maxed

If their disposition is maxed, you can't persuade them because there's no longer a reason to. It's that way even without mods.

I understand that, but most of the NPC's did not have maxed dispostions before I installed the mods, so something has changed the settings. Also if you talk to someone with your weapon drawn it should affect the disposition, but not anymore. The annoying thing is I need to use speechcraft to raise my Personality attribute. Sigh....

For every NPC is just says disposition maxed

If their disposition is maxed, you can't persuade them because there's no longer a reason to. It's that way even without mods.

I understand that, but most of the NPC's did not have maxed dispostions before I installed the mods, so something has changed the settings. Also if you talk to someone with your weapon drawn it should affect the disposition, but not anymore. The annoying thing is I need to use speechcraft to raise my Personality attribute. Sigh....

• 3 weeks later...

just use console, type [ player.modav personality 74 ] that should put you just below expert if it is a skill, can't remember if it is an attribute, but once your personality is maxed out, everyone likes you so they will be at 100 disposition with you and won't play the mini game, even guards will pay your fines when they arrest you.

P.S. sorry, don't use modav, instead use player.setav (modify actor value just adds to current value), whereas set actor value replaces current value and doesn't affect your leveling bonus when you sleep. Also can use to adjust your npc's with this just by clicking on them to bring up their name and baseID.

Edited by Timber57